Sunday, September 25, 2011

Whew......

I feel like I have been on a wild ride since July and I'm wondering if it will end any time soon! So I'll recap some of the exciting moments, but be warned it's a long post...

Summer vacation to Mississippi:  we had a wonderful time in Mississippi. We spent lots of time with all of my relatives, some that we hadn't seen in years. I love family reunion time, it's such a rejuvinating time for me, I love my family and I can feel their love for me!


After the family reunion we decided to take a trip to Missouri to go canoeing. Mr Gulley and his brothers have regailed me with stories about the canoe in the backyard for years. It never occured to him to tell me that he had never been in the canoe while on water. We get on the river and I'm up front plunging my paddle in every little bit, but totally confused as to why we are going all over the river when I turn and see Mr Gulley playing Indian brave and heartily stroking on first one side and then the other. By the end of the trip (5 miles down river) we have bruises too numerous to count, broken bones and a healthy respect for outdoorsy type people (which we are not!)!! Mr Gulley assures me he will never get in another boat as long as he lives and I'm sure my sweet Shani won't either.

So we head for home to pick up Cameron (our soon to be grandson) and head off to 6 flags at Arlington. The park was awesome, but it was over 100* so no one really had much energy to play all day. We stayed for about 5 or 6 hours and then back at the hotel...it was all we could do to keep Shani and Cameron out of the pool for meals!!!
Then it was back home and back to work.
August Catastrophe...
Our house was hit by lightening and it blew out Mr Gulley's 2- 52" flatscreen TV's and the 27" flatscreen TV in the office, the whirlpool tub, all the electrical outlets in the kitchen, the alarm system, the sprinkler system, and the AIR CONDITIONING system. Did I mention that the middle of August is freaking HOT in Texas?!?!? and it took over a week to get everthing fixed (I have a new appreciation for Walmart, I would walk around in there for hours trying to stay cool).

August Wedding...
Jason and Misty wanted to make their relationship official, by marriage of course, before little Miss Zoë arrives in August. So they decided to get married in Papaw Gulley's front yard ( a little green oasis in our otherwise drought brown existance). Of course the day they decided (August 14) it was bright, sunny and freaking HOT!!! LoL!!! So we just displayed a little red-neck ingenuity and moved the gathering under the carport! It really was a beautiful service with a beautiful bride and groom!


September Vegas trip...
Vegas baby....Oh yah!!! We made the airline reservations months ago when they had a huge sale, the hotel reservations were made months ago when they sent an online offer for free and discounted rooms and finally we budgeted a nice little bundle to take to Vegas!  Then... lightening hit our home and our little bundle was gone and we didn't get a reimbursement check from the insureance company till later in the months. So we made plans to hang out at the pool everyday and walk around sight seeing and people watching each evening. Mr Gulley scored some cheap tickets to see Phantom of the Opera at the Venitian and Zumanity at NYNY. While we were at Phantom, I started coughing (dumb allergies) and burst a blood vessel in my eye, so I spent nearly the entire time in Vegas and a week after we got home with a bloody eye. Zumanity is my least favorite of the Cirque shows, the theatre is extremely small so the acrobatics were very moderate, Mr Gulley liked it rather well, but I think that had more to do with the amount of exposed flesh he was observing! LoLoL!!!


September baby shower....
With Miss Zoë expected to arrive on October 18th, we had her baby shower yesterday. I finished up the last minute shopping and arrived to the Clovis library 1 hour before the scheduled event to set up the room, decorate and put out all the food. When I walked into the room, it was set up for a county commision meeting and there were over a thousand chairs that had to be stacked (ok...it was really only 100, but it felt like more) I managed to get them all stacked and out of the way and most of the tables set up before help arrived, thank you Joy!!!!! Everything was ready by 12:59, and the party was due to start at 1:00! It was a beautiful shower (yes...I can say that) I love pink, brown and green together and it suited Jason's monkey theme!


Wild ride continues....
It's not over yet...I start a 9 day stretch at work tomorrow followed by a few days to prepare for my mother and Aunt Garner's visit on the 17th, just in time for Miss Zoë's arrival on the 18th and Shani's birthday on the 19th.  I'll have to squeeze some more work in there and I think everything will slow down to a more normal routine after my sister's visit, the second week of November.  Of course Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up quickly!!!

1 comment:

Helen said...

Thanks for the kind comment - I've really enjoyed reading about your summer - and the earlier layouts are lovely!