Sunday, October 23, 2011

CKC layering challenge

This is layout #9 and the layering challenge from the October kit I put together, I love that I was able to use just scraps on this page. I was inspired by a sketch from Sketchy Thursdays blog, because it called for journaling, which I didn't do much of but I was able to use a lot of the word stickers that I had in my kit. Overall I am very happy with how this layout turned out!
That's my mom and sweet Shani, it took several days before Shani would pick the cat up on her own.

Close up of the popped up word stickers.

I layered the word kitty with a scenic route font and the word cat with a MM font, memories is a large sticker and the flowers are layered with a button threaded with ribbon.

That's a piece of chipboard in the upper right corner of the top picture and chipboard words on the bottom photo.

I wanted to show a close up here: the bottom piece is a border sticker, the middle piece is a border sticker and the top green piece is a green ribbon.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

i love it! so many layers and papers and all those word stickers just make it all so much fun! great job and thanks for joining in on the challenge! 9 layouts? wow, your kit must've been pretty big! I'm usually happy to get 6 from mine :-)

Margie said...

Very pretty, love all of the different layers!

Mary B said...

lovely page and great layering

S said...

You have perfectly balanced all those elements into a cohesive page - impressive!

melshappyscrappyplace said...

What a sweet LO! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!
Melissa

melshappyscrappyplace said...

What a sweet LO! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!
Melissa

Helen said...

I love those raised up word stickers - great layering!

Amanda Johnson said...

You did a fabulous job of layering! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!

OneScrapHappyMomma said...

You did a wonderful job on the layering challenge - I love all those layers! They look great!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee this! ADORABLE photos and loving the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):)

Kasia said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! Love layering :) Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Heather said...

Great use of layers! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo Heather