Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Everyday Moments...

I've been spending some time at the Color Room for inspiration. And have I ever found it! I started going around the 1st of September and the first color room I saw was #74. These colors were so me that I thought I have to keep coming back. With the business of work and life I haven't done any of their challenges until now. This is Palette #79- Family Room, I love that you get a sketch with it! The hard part is done, well...except for picking the pictures to go with the palette. This one was easy for me since Shani's complection matched several hues in the color palette and being in the pool, well...you'll see! Another great part is that I used us so much of my old stash!
I love the overall feel of this layout! Of course the subject matter and the paper made this one easy.

Bits and pieces, part of an old frame die cut, a lable, a mini tag, a square brad and a round brad, and finally a flower. The flower and round brad are newer (within the last several months).

The label tag, everyday moments is really old, I'v had it for years, as are the letters that spell "SPENT", the loving phrase is an old die cut circle with the deffinition going around it, I just cut it to fit the label holder and that is absolutly ancient...it's an old leather one from MM I think. 

This paper is old MME, I bought it on clearance several years ago and I've held onto it because it was soo pretty. 

Just a little bling to balance it.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love your use of color on this layout. I wouldn't have thought to put pink with blue like this, but the effect is simply lovely!

Jimjams said...

Fabulous layering - a gorgeous page!