Saturday, October 29, 2011

Father and Son

Here's a layout I did based on a The Color Room Blog palette #81.
To me this doesn't even look similar to the sketch provided but that's the beauty of a sketch...it's just a starting point. Everything on this layout was from my stash. The photo was a little grainy, but I don't always get pictures of Mr Gulley with his father so I took it and ran with it.

I'm trying to be brave and showing my attempts at splattering paint. I used a grey color (an old one from MM), it's not very obvious, but I tried. The base taupe and bluish grey card stocks are from bazzill, the patterned paper is from Karen Foster Designs and the white card stock is from CTMH. I used a fiskars punch for the border on the right side of the bluish/grey card stock.
This embellishment cluster is mostly from MME (old die cuts) I added on some metal accent pearls from K&Co I think, and the dk brown pearls and family clip are from CTMH. The green picture frame under the white cardstock is from crate paper.

I used 3 different Quickutz fonts, English Rose for father, Chocolate for the & and Chicken Noodle for son.There are some small colored brads on the title space and one up top, I'm not sure what company they are from.

The flower, vine and leaves are all basic grey, I'm not sure about the journal block and lettering there, I journaled using a black sharpie.There is also a border accent strip across the bottom of the photo that is from basic grey.

3 comments:

slicksister said...

I really like this. Especially the embellie cluster at the top.

scrapbookertink said...

This is gorgeous, love all the elements, take care, Doreen x

Tracy said...

Such a special page.
Love the vintage look to it.
I have tried to follow a couple of sketches, mine never look like the originals either.