Sunday, October 30, 2011

I do...

I created a layout from Shimelle's starting point this week and wanted to post it before I forget.
That's my dear sweet Mr Gulley (who btw would do anything sweet Shani asked him to) acting the part of the blushing groom! LoL!! This is actually Layout #12 from the CKC October kit ( I might actually have one more). The dk rusty orange cardstock was in my kit, the patterned paper scraps are the back side to a pink flower paper from CTMH as is the blue photo mat, I love being able to use up my scraps!!

I tried to get a close up of the ink splatter I attempted on this layout in the upper right corner and the bottom left corner. The little metal embellishments are leftovers from a CTMH kit that I used several months ago and I included them in this kit but hadn't found a use for till now.

I layered a couple of the journal pieces I had and used up another of those beautiful blue/white flower embellishments. The pink crochet flower is topped by an embellishment I made this summer and of course don't forget the bling I added to the journal spot and the flower stickers. I journaled with a blue sharpie pen.

The blue circles started out white and I just inked them before applying them. The bottom flower border is a rub on and I added some bling to it.

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Looks great! :)

mytwoandras said...

I really like the border you cut/punched across the middle of your patterned paper. The inked edge adds a nice touch. Fun layout.

Helen said...

Cute page! We have to play weddings here too - lots of fun!

Lisa said...

I really like the layering you have going on here. great job of mixing up the products and adding the mist top and bottom. the off the page cluster is great.

Margie said...

Awe, how sweet!!

S said...

Darling photo - and your layout makes the most of it, especially the layering.