Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pink Thing

I went over to sketchy thursdays blog and wasn't too thrilled with the sketch until I saw Ashley Horton's Layout and I was sold. I decided to lift her layouts and was pretty true to it. Then I checked out her blog and was totally amazed at the number of sketches she has there that she created, lets just say I will be using some of those! So onto the layout, it's CKC layout #7, it's also my Candy Challenge layout; the challenge was to use your favorite candy or it's color to make your layout, I don't necessarily have a favorite candy but the color brought to mind the Pink Thing ice cream we used to have each summer at 6 flags amusement park in Arlington, TX. and that brought to mind my disappointment in the "pink thing" we got this summer...
I printed out the pictures of the original pink things from the Internet to use on this layout. I added the washi tape to journal on. I was totally dissatisfied with the pink thing, they changed the shape and the flavor from cherry to cotton candy...yuk!
The button embellishment is one that I made and all the circles are various stickers.

This is a random mix of stickers, chipboard, and bling that was in my kit.

Another hand made embellishment.

I popped the letter stickers up for added texture.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I totally adore the colours of this layout (I have a thing for pink! *wink*!) and the sprinkle of elements on the left is really lovely. great layout

Helen said...

It's alays a shame when people mess with something that works fine - and end up ruining it! Your page is lovely - especially that spray of embellishments!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

I love that you were inspired by color! This is a truly beautiful layout! I'll have to check out Ashley's blog, thanks for the link. Have a great day!!! xoxo

S said...

This layout is very pretty, indeed. I too have a soft spot for all things pink.

mytwoandras said...

Love the pink and green. Pretty layout of your last Pink Thing.

OneScrapHappyMomma said...

I love how you used the washi tape to journal on. The whole layout is wonderful, I'm definitely going to check out that blog! I always love a good sketch!

Margie said...

Very pretty page! I love the colors, the flowers!

Tara O said...

Love the color scheme. A very pretty page!!!

Emily said...

Love this!! Great topic and I like the Washi tape journaling.