Monday, October 24, 2011

Snow day

This layout has been a long time coming! I was at an Achiever's crop with my sister several years ago (prolly 5 or 6 years ago) and they gave us a packet of heidi grace design paper by fiskars called Frost Blvd. I fell in love with the paper and begged my sister to give me her paper packet AND the bonus embellishment kit with bling, rub ons and a bazzill chipboard alphabet packet that she won during the crop. Anyways... because I live in west Texas and we don't get much snow I have saved it and saved it and saved it! So long that I nearly forgot I had it...well that is until I was sorting through some pictures from this year and found the ones from a snow/ice storm we had in January. So here are the layouts I made...
This is the first layout.

That little winter tag was from the Dollar Tree Miss Elisabeth line, I've had it forever!

These blue snow flakes are metal and I bought them years ago in the dollar spot at Michael's.

Rub ons from the same line.

Here's the 2nd layout.

I just love this chipboard alpha by bazzill.

More rub ons.

More metal snow flakes.

The snow flake border on the dark blue strip is a rub on.

6 comments:

Sarale said...

Thx for your comment on my blog! :)
Your layouts looks very wintery and beautiful. The paper fits perfectly with the fotos.

LG,

Tanja

Sue Althouse said...

Your paper selection is perfect for those photos! I'm not ready for snow yet, but when it comes I hope we can get a few snow days!

Amy said...

This is so cute and I love the colors on the layout. I wish Southern Cal saw some snow days...as a teacher I could use a few :)

Pam said...

You do such a good job on your layouts. I love this one. Great papers and embellishments. Thanks for sharing! :-)

Danielle said...

Love the colors and embellishments on both pages. Sometimes, patience really pays off because these papers worked great with your photos.

Anita S. said...

Love to see someone who hoards supplies like I do! Love the LO's - Thanks for stopping by my blog!