Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tyler & Kadie

My niece brought her cousin Jodi along for our beach day, she had the most adorable kids...Tyler and Kadie. I got several great pictures of them and used a couple of them to make this layout. I was inspired by the sketch from sketchabilities. I love that I was able to use so many embellishment pieces and scraps of pattern paper from my October kit for CKC, by the way, this is layout #10 from the kit. I just hope that by the end of this month I don't have any patterned paper or card stock to return to my paper stash and of course I will have some embellies to return, but I pulled so many it would be near impossible to use them all.
With the exception of the blue/green/white tag in the center, the rest of the paper and card stock are from CTMH.

That's a Martha Stewart white and blue floral embellishment, I've had that for quite a while, I bought if for a specific purpose and put it away and promptly forgot about it. When I found it again, the project was long done and it was way to cute to get rid of ( I still have 2 left). The rest of the embellishments are pretty obvious, rub ons, bling, pearls and a flower.

I added the little black letters to my kit to finish this off, it just didn't feel right without it.

Here's a close up of the bottom right corner and more embellishments. Above the picture is a card stock flower sticker that I used a bling flower on, I stuck the bling flower on top of the sticker and popped them up with foam squares.

I did the same thing with this flower sticker, and the journaling is done on a pre-made journal chipboard with a blue sharpie.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Beautiful! Very nice layering job and I like all the patterned paper on the plain background.

OneScrapHappyMomma said...

This is a truly adorably playful layout. I love the sprinkling of embellies on it!

Tara O said...

Oh look at all that yummy layering!! Awesome LO

Helen said...

Very pretty - you've done so well using up so much kit this month too!

Marina said...

Nice job on the sketch =D thanks for playing sketchabilities!

Umenorskan said...

Great job with all the embellishments. Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities.

Lisa said...

I really like how the embellies sweep up the page bringing your eye with it. the bling is, of course, perfect! Such a lovely, happy beach layout. Layout #10! wow!

mariko said...

CUTE!!
Thanks for playing along with SA!!

S said...

This page simply makes me happy to look at it!