Sunday, November 13, 2011

Scrap Paper Organization


What I thought would take an hour or so turned into a 5 hour project...I can't imagine what it would have  been like if I hadn't already had my scraps somewhat organized! Here are my large scraps in my paper drawer, I keep them there to remind me to use those before I pull out a new sheet of paper.


Here are my smaller scraps that I reach for all the time to use with my Quickutz Revolution.

It doesn't look like much...

The shot above and below are what I pulled out of my small scrap box...wholly smokes, who would have guessed?!

Now for the larger scraps....
The picture above and below are the large scraps I cleared out, just for reference the lamp is my marker for how deep the pile is and there is over 3 inches there! And yes, I had already thrown out the smaller scrap pile.


Here's the after...
My regular scraps only take up the first 2 plastic holders, there's a folder for each color and the last plastic bin if for my chatterbox scraps (I know...I just can't incorporate them into the other scraps).

Here's my desk box, it's pretty full now, I pulled out so many smaller scraps from my large files to put on the desktop, I never realized that I was dropping the smaller ones into the large folders. There are some patterned papers in there but it's mostly cardstock since I use so much of it for my Quickutz.

So now my scraps are nice and tidy! And YES I did throw out all the unwanted scraps!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

5 comments:

S said...

Nicely done, hopefully you'll be rewarded with some extra efficient scrapping time.

Liz Michaud said...

Wow what a lot of work! Doesn't it feel great to be so organized? :)

scrapqueen0126 said...

Good for you on clearing out your scraps! I am working on getting organized...I would have gladly taken your "unloved" scraps instead of you throwing them out :)

Tracy said...

This looks so neat and organized, I can see it so much easier to find certain colours.
I did this a few years ago...but I think it is time to redo it :)

Pam said...

Great job! Can you come over and organize my scraps? ;-) Thanks for sharing!