Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January CKC layout #9

This is the last day of the month and I still have 5 more pages to show you from my January kit, so keep coming back for the rest of them, now on to today's layout and yes...it's another AD sketch.
YEAH me!!! I finally used those ancient tree's!!!!  Also on this page I used tickets, one of my original papers for this kit had nothing but tickets on it and I just cut out five of them, distressed them and stapled them down after I had done my journaling on them.
I layered the trees for a shadow effect and I actually cut one of the ends off the dark brown one and made a branch, tied some twine I had around the tree and the branch to make a swing. I also used some of those Martha Stewart letter tags for part of the title, you can't really tell by the pictures but the title swingin is popped up with foam squares

I had to get creative with the "g", I had already used it on this alpha sheet so I combined the "q" and the tail of the "y" to make it.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

3 comments:

stander77 said...

Julia, thanks so much for having me over to scrapbook this week. You are such an inspiration! I love the idea of putting together a kit and working from there so that an album has a very cohesive feel to it. I'm going to be so much better prepared next time!

Helen said...

Those stapled tickets look great and the swing is a fab idea :)

S said...

Love your tree with the swing - nicely done!