Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February CKC Layout #4

In this layout I did a few things that I don't normally do on layouts. First I stamped the doiley patterns behind the photos, I'm not entirely happy with the one on the top left because of the gaps...my own fault here because I didn't line up the edges close enough. The other thing I did was cut out some magic mesh in a swirl pattern, talk about a crazy idea...this was it! This layout coordinates with yesterday's layout to make a double pager.

Sorry about the glare!

Here's the swirl I cut out of magic mesh....super cute effect but cutting the magic mesh was a pain in the rear! The butterfly is a Quickutz die.

Not the best close up of the doily stamp, but this one is much cuter than the one on the left, only because the edges on this one are lined up appropriatly.

This cute little butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch.

The letters for PLAY are all rub ons and the time is a tiny alpha.

Here's both layouts together.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Nice layout. I love the stamping and the mesh!

Jimjams said...

Some great techniques on show here - I think the sectioned doily looks good actually!

Lisa said...

your doily looks great! I'd never have noticed those small spaces if you hadn't mentioned them! Great way of matting your photos and go you for using that magic mesh! very creative!

S said...

Anybody you can figure out how to use Magic Mesh creatively is fabulous in my book. Nicely done.