Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February Counterfeit Kit Challenge

So my shelves aren't put back on the wall yet but Mr Gulley assures me that they will be up tomorrow. But I did manage to get my February kit together for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. Head over there and check out the inspiration kits, there are 2 to choose from. I choose to counterfeit the "Note to Self" kit and I am calling it "Family Notes", so without further ado (love sayin that!)....
Inspiration "Note to Self"
My kit "Family Notes"
Ya'll know I love huge kits, and well this is huge but it's not as big as some of mine and I have some embellishments that I've pulled for other kits that I didn't use, hopefully I will use some of them up in this one.
I had this paper pack in my stash but because it's not double sided I pulled all of it plus some MME paper and cardstock to go with it.

One of my goals this year is to use my stamps more in my scrapping so I pulled out 7 different stamp sets to use, they are all CTMH.

Another challenge this year is to use my Quickutz dies more this year too...so here are some of the ones I pulled to use.

I tend to use tons of flowers but I decided to limit my flowers this time. I also decided instead of counterfeiting the pom-poms in the original kit I would just use some stacked flowers, all from my stash.

How's this for ribbon, some more of the multi packs that I picked up from BL on sale a couple of years ago, some baker's twine (I've only had that for about 6 months or so and have used it several time) and finally some magic mesh...OK who has some of this leftover from years ago (?) it must be 10 years old!!

So here are the embellishments I pulled from my blue bin, those clouds are some that are left over from another project (I cut them out with my Quickutz and cut them down a little further).

From the yellow bin, there's even some little pastel circles that were left over from when my grand daughter was born 6 1/2 years ago.

Red embellishments, I'm still using up those creative cafe journaling tags and the MME cardstock elements.

These are embellishments from my orange bin, the rub ons are actually matching the paper pack I used.

Who doesn't have tons of journal spots and stickers that are just plain black and white.
 
These are actually from my cream color bin. More MME journal and punch out embellishments as well as those Jolee's stars ( I've had those for prolly 8 or 9 years).
 
These are just some random sticker strips I had leftover from some sticker sheets.

So I didn't pull nearly as many alpha stickers as I usually do but I do still have a bunch!

The far left sticker sheet came with the BG paper pack, a sheet of those arrows that I bought in every single color and design and a leftover sticker sheet from another project.

Here's my cardstock, 2 sheets of each color so there's 24 pieces altogether.

Here's my patterned paper and I even had the same piece of corrugated paper.

Tiny embellishments from the black, yellow, green, red and blue bins.

Random metal embellishments from my metal drawer.

Random chipboard (another thing I am determined to use more of this year), those big packs have been in my stash for awhile and I've had them for a long time!

Here it is all stacked up. I have an old album box that I keep everything all stacked up in, on top of that is a red basket that I bought years and years ago at the dollar store, and finally for the little stuff I have the top of a metal container in there.


Well that's it for my kit this month, now the challenge is to use as much as I can before the end of the month when I will take all the leftovers and put them back into my stash!


Thanks for visiting my blog today!

18 comments:

Erica said...

I've never heard of the counterfit kit challenge but I think its a great idea. You've got a great kit there.

soapHOUSEmama said...

looks like you pulled together a great kit!

Margie said...

WOW! That's a big kit-it looks like a lot of fun!!

Glinda said...

Great kit with lots of stuff. Looking forward to seeing what you create with it.

Tricia@ http://craftingthedayawayy.blogspot.com/ said...

I can't wait to see what you create with all of those goodies!

Ursula Schneider said...

You've got a whopping lot of fun in that kit it looks like to me! Have fun with it!

Danielle said...

Wow! You pulled an amazing kit together! I like how you put it all together and stored it in the basket. Have fun creating with it!

Alyssa said...

Wow, that's a big kit. What a fun challenge! Good luck.

Penny said...

I think this is a great looking kit! It looks like you could get 20+ layouts and cards out of that one kit! I love looking at these because sometime's I see products that I have never seen before in the Counterfeit kits! Thanks for posting! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

Margie H said...

Oh wow! That is a HUGE kit?! No wonder you have to organize before using! LOL!! Can't wait to see what you will create!

Tracy said...

Wow, your counterfeit kit is humungous.
You can scrap with this kit for a very long time ;)

Patricia said...

Oh, wow...you are really having some fun with the kits and your stash...looks like a lot of fun!

Amy said...

Love your huge kit!! You are going to have a great time creating with it!!

Sue Althouse said...

Wow! That is one amazing kit, you will be able to do wonderful things with it!

Blessed Ladybug said...

wow u have some set i have never seen... i was thinking i had alot of stanps set by ctmh.. you are awesome.. thanks for sharing.

Helen said...

LOL - I want to come and rummage in your scrap room - you have so much to play with! I love that you are pulling out all those older bits to use up and it's a great idea to add stamps and dies as a reminder to actually use them :)

S said...

While I can't "condone" such large kits, I would love to dive into yours. Good for you for pulling out the stamps. And I too have several unopened packages of sets of ribbons - including one of the ones you have in your kit. I can't wait to get caught up on my blog visiting so I can see what all you've done.

Jenny said...

What a great kit. It is huge! You should have a great time creating with it.