Friday, February 24, 2012

New Purchase

I know most of you blog hop on a daily basis to keep up with your favorite bloggers and so I do! One of my favorite blogs belongs to Melissa Stinson otherwise known as The Scrappy Jedi. I love, love, love to stop by and catch up on what she's been up to and on what new types of scrap storage she has found. Not very long ago, on Feburary 2 to be exact (the link is above) she posted a new spinner that she found at Harbor Freight....I fell in love! I had to go out and buy one for myself only I didn't want to leave it black because I wanted it to work on my desk without feeling like a black hole. Melissa's is on a different surface so her's is fine being black. I bought 3 cans of ivory gloss spray paint though I only used 2 and just a spray or two from the 3rd can. I had Mr Gulley put it together before I painted it and afterwards wished I hadn't! Lesson learned the hard way, the only way I obviously know how to learn!!! It took 2 days for it to NOT be tacky anymore. Ugh...I wanted to load it up as soon as I was done painting, but I waited 3 days and loaded it up.

Here's Melissa's spinner, full of all kinds of scrappy goodies.

Here's mine, all painted and ready to load up!

I have Washi tape, inks, blocks, felt shape ribbon, paper ribbon, sew easy tool and heads and sew easy ink tool and heads, some extra adhesive and trimmer blades.

Doesn't it look awesome on the right side of my desk, no black hole there just spinner loveliness!
I love my scraproom and I especially love my new purchase!!


Thanks for visiting my blog today!!


7 comments:

soapHOUSEmama said...

That looks awesome! I think I might need one of those too!

Heidi said...

I love seeing new ideas on organzing. Thanks for sharing.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a great way to organize!

Erica said...

That spinner thing is the best purchase I've made for my room. I love it. It holds a lot and its all out in the open. All of my washi tape was in a snap together tupperware thing from Target and I never used it. Now I use it for everything. Poor Harbor Freight has no idea why everyone is buying these things.

Izzyb said...

Enabler! Oh how I need one of those. Looks great. Your blog looks great too. New follower. :-)

Penny said...

I love this, I saw the first one also! I love how you painted yours, you are right it wouldn't have looked as nice in black on your desk. I love your scrapping area! I'm a new follower and I'd be honored if you followed me as well! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

Amy said...

Fabulous idea to paint it! It looks great, I will be visiting my Harbor Freight soon!