Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July CKC Layouts #4 & #5

Here's a link to the original kit I made for the July CKC. Today I am showing 2 double page layouts I did for the challenge.

Layout #4

I used the rest of the graphics from the add on book page and another little phrase off of it that I have a close up lower down. This layout started as an AD sketch from book #8, it's a 6 photo sketch.

Remember is the negative that I put in my kit. I also used a chapter heading cut out for an embellishment.

Here's a close up of the graphics; did I mention that it was a television manual that this page was from?

I used chipboard pieces and a button to bridge the gap.

Here's the close up of the phrase cut out...too funny!

Another embellishment cluster at the bottom of the page.


Layout #5

For this one I used another AD sketch as my starting point from book #8, it's a 6 photo sketch that I modified to use 7 photos on. 

I used tattered angels glimmer mist on the upper left and lower right corners and scattered some bling around these areas as well.

I added a little extra bling to the border strip. I had to get a little creative with the letters since I only had one "e" left, I turned a "3" over to make it an "E".

I journaled on the washi tape.

I popped up the journal spot up to put the title on and I also popped up the flower part and left the stem flat.

Embellishment cluster on the lower right corner.


Well that's it for another day, I will post more on Wednesday. In the meantime, I have put together another kit following along the with the same inspiration kit and I have been working on it. Hopefully by the end of the week I will get pictures of it up.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!!


8 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Remember is superb. I love the design. I like family too but just can't get past that tongue picture! I guess I am just too old to appreciate it.

Pam W. said...

Love both layouts. Love the "remember" on the first layout and I love any layout that has a circle. Beautiful!

Christina said...

Great layouts-I'm always running out of "e" and "n" in my alphas-sometime you just have to get creative. :)
Love that you journaled on your washi-great idea!

Laura said...

Terrific layouts. I never feel I have enough room in my albums to do double layouts. Great job.

Izzy Anderson said...

These are terrific. You showcased the photos so well. Beautiful work.

S said...

Oh I am liking these. You add such thoughtful touches - like the little heart on the Family Time card. Nicely done.

Chipper said...

You make double pages look so easy!

Jimjams said...

Fab pages - I'm a big fan of DLOs but have got out of the habit recently. I love the idea of using an old TV manual for papers ... off to check out what we have lurking!