I was inspired to create this layout by Laura @whosthischick.com, of course when I look at someones layout and get inspired, my layout very frequently turns out looking completely different as was the case with this one.
I used my little orange letters and placed them on leftover greenish paper and made little tiles out of them! I had to get creative with the puffy alpha from SEI as well since I didn't have another "U", I made one out of a "D", it doesn't look completely right but in the grand scheme of things it works! I also used lots of little flower stickers on this layout, trying to get my monies worth for those stickers!
I cut the journal bubble in half and used part on this page. I also lifted the bird sticker up with some pop dot adhesive to give a little texture. Does anyone else have problems with that lacy border from BG? I haven't ever gotten it to stick to anything without adding extra adhesive!
Another cut journal sticker on the bottom of the layout to balance the top corner. I also used the twill tape on this layout and if you look closely you can see that I stamped a border on it.
I went on a hunt, while I was at the GASC, in June for a hexagon die with multiple sizes. Of course I didn't find one! So after I got home I did an internet search and found several, all over $25. I just could not rationalize paying that much for a die when I hope to get a silhouette sometime soon. So I hunted e-bay and found a hexagon coluzzle shape cutter and I was able to get it with shipping for around $12 and this layout was the first time I used it. Love the look of all those mixed sizes!
Here's a closeup of the upper cluster, you will also see that I used a punch to create the notebook edge. My stitching wasn't so great on this layout because I had already adhered the hexagons down rather than before.
Closeup of title and right cluster. I used another piece of the BG lacy border on top and put some bling in the center of the flowers for some extra sparkle.
Sorry about the sideways picture, it will teach me to edit better before uploading to photo bucket!
Close up of bottom cluster, I don't know if you can tell, but I actually popped several of the hexagon's up to give a little more texture to the layout as well as the picture of the shoes.
I'm not sure if I mentioned Shimelle Lain being one of my scrapbooking hero's or not...but on her video on NSD over at 2peas she used all of her kit scraps to create a page and I mimicked her on that one as well. I did this same technique (last layout) back in May when I put together a kit for her challenge on 2peas. I thought it would work great for this kit as well!
I love that I used up a ton of border stickers and other random stickers as well as scraps!
How about that book journal sticker, LoL, I wanted to be creative with it so I popped up the top of it to make it look like it's propped up.
I'm not sure I should have adhered the bling flourish here since you almost can't see it. But once it was down it wasn't coming back up.
Here's the other half of the journal sticker I used earlier ans well as another half (the blue part) of a journal sticker I used on an earlier layout.
That's it for this kit! I still have pictures left from that weekend so I narrowed down which one's I want to include in the album with these and I created anther kit using the same inspiration as this one. Hopefully I will be able to get the pictures of that one uploaded tomorrow.
Thanks for visiting my blog today!