Thursday, July 12, 2012

July Counterfeit Kit Challenge

Do you ever walk into your scrap room or look at your supplies and think... "man...I really need to use some of my stash before I buy anything else?" I think it quite frequently and since I have started following along with the challenges at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog I have been using tons of my own stash! They show you a designer kit (you know,from a company that you have to pay for) and then the challenge for you is to look into your own stash and come up with a kit that mimics the designer on. It's so fun to rummage through my own stash in search of the perfect match! I don't often have the exact match but I think I do a pretty good job counterfeiting!

This month's challenge was to counterfeit the June kit from Citrus Twist called "Summer Boardwalk". It is so full of loveliness it's indescribable, you just have to to have a look to see for yourself.
I so wish I had bought some of that MME's indie chic line, but I just couldn't justify it with all the new purchases I made while I was at the GASC in Arlington last month...I digress. On to my kit which I will call...

"Summer Retreat"
I didn't have anything from the original kit, but I just love the colors of this kit that I put together.

I guess I'm not very trendy because I don't have too many chevron patterns in my stash, I guess I will have to make some. The paper is a combination of Bazzill, CTMH cardstock, patterned papers are from MME, SEI, Miss Elizabeth (remember that from the dollar tree?), CTMH, Basic Grey and Karen Foster.

I don't have any wood embellishments either so I used a wood grain paper from Paper Studio and cut out some airplanes and tickets and the long circle border. I also used some Scenic Route journal bubbles, though I'm not really crazy about the bubble aspect and I may cut that off. Finally I added some yellow washi tape,  some basic grey green floral tape and the circle washi tape that I just bought last month, I'm not sure  who manufactures it though. I did get a book at a book giveaway several months ago and I just now am using my first page from it.

I pulled out bits of stickers and chipboard from CTMH and Basic Grey. I know the Remember is a negative, but I still thought it would make a good title!

The flowers are a mix from my stash, as are the buttons, the floss is DMC and the ink is CTMH. I didn't have any linen fabric so I put in a piece of twill tape.

Another mixture of chipboard and button embellishments from Scenic Route, SEI, Basic Grey and Kay & Co.

The larger stamps are from CTMH and I just got them recently and haven't used them yet. The small stamp is a Studio G and I have had it for several years and haven't used it.

I didn't have the turquoise alpha so I pulled out my Quickutz font Studio and some turquoise paper.

The other alphas are a mix of partially used stickers from SEI, Lillie Bee Designs and Scrap Within Reach.

And because I have a specific event I want to use this kit for I made an add on kit that I am calling

"At The Lake"

I think it's the color of the cardstock that makes me think of a boat dock.

I did pull out a few pieces of paper from CTMH that are newer and one actually has a chevron pattern, the other 2 patterns are from Basic Grey and MME. The cardstock is CTMH and Recollections and the scraps are various manufactures.

I picked up this mask recently and I can't wait to use it!

You know I love my bling! This is a mix between Prima, Want 2 Scrap and Recollections. 6 more white buttons from my collection and another roll of turquoise washi tape. The book page is from a book on television repair that I picked up for free and this will be the first time I use it.

Ribbon is from SEI and the brads are from HL I think since I tossed the packaging.

These 2 overlays are from MME's and I just got them this summer even though I know they are old, I still like them.

Stickers are primarily from CTMH and Adorn It.

Stamps are from CTMH and they are both new and unused.

Glimmer mist is from Tattered Angels.

Here are my kits all ready to go! I can't wait to get started using it!!!




Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!


9 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Love your kit! I especially loved the At The Lake addon!
YHou have a great mix of embellies and papers...should get lots of great layouts from this kit!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh wow! i love how you put your kit together! great job!

Fawn said...

I love how you made your choices. I need to try to counterfeit kits -- oh and then actually make some projects!

I can't wait to see what you create!

Chipper said...

What an AMAZING kit!! This is my first month to join in and I am loving it, but your kit is FAB!!! You must have found at least one chevron as I am sure I spy one in your add on kit. I so hope CTMH eventually comes to Australia as I really LOVE their stamps!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Ok, you definitely don't need to be shopping - you have lots of great stuff!

And I DO remember Miss Elizabeth's....a LSS used to buy it and mark it up to sell to unsuspecting shoppers!!

Have a great month!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Very lovely.

S said...

Goodies, goodies and more goodies. I have that same 3 design mask that I haven't used yet either. Have fun with your goodies.

Tara O said...

Lots of goodies in there! Wow. Enjoy using them up. I'm jealous of your mask!

Jimjams said...

I had to come check out what you started with as the pages are fabulous - what a brilliant kit - so much to play with!