Monday, September 10, 2012

Shani & Zena @ Play

Several months ago I put together a kit for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, after I finished making all the layouts I wanted to with the kit I had leftovers to contend with, so I decided to make a layout using up lots of journal spots and tags that I had leftover.

For me this was a bit of a challenge in itself. I love journal spots but to make an entire layout from them....

I used tags on tags, rub-ons, button flowers and stickers to dress up some of the tags.

I even used a pearly flourish to add some dimension and for my journaling, of course I didn't just write on a journal spot...I used washi tape applied to a journal spot to journal on.
 
More rub-ons and stickers to embellish.

I love mixing alpha's to make titles.

Ribbon, stickers and rub-on's add the finishing touches to these little journal spots.
 
 
That's it for my layout...how about a question
 
Have you ever made a layout using journal spots as the main feature?
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

5 comments:

ScrappnBee said...

I love your creativity! The layout is great! I can honestly say that I have never used that many journaling spots. (However, you make it look easy! LOL!) Thanks for visiting! Glad to have you following along with the Org Challenge! -Amanda

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Great use of the journaling spots. They make for a fun design! I haven't done a layout using entirely journaling spots (although I love to use them), but I did one that used a lot of frames.

April Michelle said...

Cute page!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Love how you used up the journal spots! :)

laura said...

I have seen the counterfiet kit challenge site...I am so tempted. I think for 2013 I'll try it out.