Friday, January 25, 2013

Best Time of the Year

This is layout #8 from my January CKC kit. I'm totally running on scraps now, I don't have any whole sheets of paper left and I even had to add the cardstock this layout is on. I love how this layout turned out!

I was inspired by another contributor to the CKC blog, I'm sorry I don't remember who it was that was talking about an old Glitter Girl Adventure, #12 to be exact, but I jumped on it. I've used Shimelle's inspiration and starting points many times so this one was kinda easy to lift. I used scraps to punch all the circles on the top, I wish I had used some bigger sizes, but I just didn't have the right size scraps to cut bigger circles. Plus I think I can squeeze out a couple more layouts or cards with the scraps I do have left.

Here's the right side of the top.
 
And here's the left side of the top. You can see, I mixed paper circles with sequins, brads and cut apart bling border.

I popped up the papers that matched the border strips I put above and below the photos.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit I bombed the title and journaling! LoL!!! I guess that's what happens when you want to finish up a layout when it's way past your bedtime. I have since lifted of the extra "time" and corrected the "spend".
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I adore what you've done at the top there - I'm really up for all that bling and the sequins! Gorgeous layout! And the title and journalling? Stuff like that happens to me all the time *wink*

glorygirl said...

Woooo hoooo!!!! Love the top of this layout! The sequins and staggered circles - awesome!

Julie J said...

I remember that Glitter Girl Adventure. Great way to use up your scraps.

gale said...

This is really cute. I love all the circles.

Jimjams said...

Very effective use of scraps - fab page!