Friday, January 11, 2013

Christmas after Christmas

2011 brought an ice and snow storm for Christmas and my youngest son and his family weren't able to make the trip to Lubbock to spend Christmas with us. My heart broke a little because it was MY baby's first Christmas away from home. I came to realize that it's part of their growing up...leaving the nest, ya know! It still hurt my heart some but I accepted it and moved on. Several days after Christmas we loaded up our car with all of their gifts and headed to Clovis. My daughter in law Misty had to work the day that we took the gifts over so she wasn't there when we arrived. We let Cameron open one gift and Jason opened a gift for Zoë, the rest were saved for when Misty got home from work, unfortunately we weren't able to stay till then but we at least got to play with them for a little while!
I used my January CKC kit to make this layout and it was inspired by sketch #239 at Creative Scrappers I've had it printed out and sitting on my desk for the last couple of weeks and just haven't gotten around to scrapping it until now.

Christmas after Christmas

I wished I had masked the photo better to get a softer line with the mist.

That little green sticker has been in my stash for awhile, I love getting to use the older stuff!

Multiple layers here.

I love that I was able to use another flare badge that I picked up from JCP this year.

Love that I finally got to use those yellow/gold thickers!
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

9 comments:

gale said...

Cute layout! That darn weather messes up our plans sometimes, doesn't it. I'm glad you still got to have a late christmas with your son and grandkids.

Angela Coles said...

beautiful page, and lovely story bless you

senoritaml said...

Great title work!

Roxy said...

Hey, Julie, love the misting here and the embellishments you've used! Hugs, Roxy.

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Great page! The weather (and a stomach flu) canceled our Christmas plans, too.

glorygirl said...

Great layout! I love the misting and the title lettering!

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

Beautiful story for a lovely layout.

Tricia said...

Lovely page! I love the misting and agree love using up some older stash.

Julene Matthews said...

Love the background story.I can imagine how disappointing it was for you.The layouts are fabulous.