Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Christmas Cards

I know....we are past Christmas! LoL!! But here's my thing, I used every single Christmas card I had and I had to go out and buy some to make up the difference. OK, so I only used like 5 store bought ones and about 60 homemade ones. I think my Christmas card list will be cut next year, that's just too many to send out and I only got maybe 10. Not that I've ever cared how many I get it's just that some of the people on my list have been out of our lives for like 10 years or more. I will re-evaluate it next year when the time comes, but for now I have to get busy and make some more.

With my January CKC kit I have made 3 so far using bits and pieces.

I stamped the cards and the envelopes.

The first one was inspired by Cardabilities sketch #66


The snowflake paper on this is a border strip out of my bag of border strips.


That red border sticker has been in my stash forever!

 
That's 3 down and 62 to go...LoL!!!
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

7 comments:

Ali said...

OHMYGOSH!!! What beautiful cards! Loved the way you stamped on the envelopes, too. Your color sense-- how you put eveyrthing together-- is amazing. WAY TO GO!!!! :) ~ Ali

Roxy said...

I love, love, LOVE your Christmas cards!!! I always tell myself that I'm going to make some cards year round so I'm not frazzled in December, but I never fulfill that goal! Good for you for getting started early! Hugs, Roxy.

Lisa said...

Have you thought about joining in the fun over at Jingle Belles (http://jinglebellesrock.blogspot.de/) where they post prompts every two weeks all through the year to take the stress away from making Christmas cards at the last minute! This will be my third year with them and I love it! I managed 70 cards by mid-Nov last year.

Your selection of cards here is really gorgeous! Well done for thinking ahead!

glorygirl said...

AMAZING cards! Looooove how you used your kit for cardmaking. You'll totally hit your goal....far before December :) Way to go!

gale said...

these look great so far! I wish I could get myself in the mood to make christmas cards during the year.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

These cards are simply beautiful! You have a great eye for patterns and colors! Really inspiring!

sassyscrapper said...

Very smart to think of this now. Love the card with the banners.