Sunday, January 13, 2013

Joshua

This is another layout using my January CKC kit and a sketch from Stuck.

Joshua is my oldest son and has kinda been going through a life crisis for the past  2 years, I'm hoping that he is finally on the road to healing! During the last 2 years he has avoided the camera and I just happened to catch a shot of him that I absolutely love!

Joshua
I used a wood grain patterned paper as the base of this layout, I was going to use it to cut some faux wood pieces out of and then decided against it.

The little bag is where I decided to hide the journaling and I stamped the chair and sentiment on the front of it.

Hidden journaling.
 
Was able to use some more buttons. I added some twine to them because I just can't stand to see buttons without threading! LoL!! It's my OCD nature!

I used a sharpie to outline his name to give some depth to the letter stickers.
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today.


7 comments:

Lisa said...

the stamped bag is such a lovely place for your journalling. this is such a lovely page - great use of your kit.

Kelly said...

Beautiful page...I love those letters. I HAVE to add thread to my buttons, too :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

glorygirl said...

Love the quote you used on your page! Hoping things turn around for Joshua! You can see the great love you have for him in the details of this page.

sassyscrapper said...

Hidden journaling is so clever and especially useful when you want to share some deeper thoughts. Love your letters and how you outlined them for added dimension. Nice work!

Scrappin Hard said...

Very nice LO! Gives in inspiration needed to finish my LO!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Beautiful layout and especially beautiful tribute to Joshua! Very inspiring and I'm so glad you shared it with us!

gale said...

Beautiful layout and picture. It's always nice when we finally get a good shot of someone who is so good at avoiding the camera.