Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree

This is the first layout I have made with my January CKC kit "Holi-Daze". I love my tree all blinged out with red, gold and green ornaments and that is what this layout is about, my tree! I was inspired by Sketch #24 at Sketch N Scrap, if you haven't checked out their sketches, you should!!

Oh Christmas Tree...
Sorry about the blurriness, I didn't realize it until I had already uploaded it for editing and decided not to retake the shot.

I cut around that little holly leaf on the base journal spot so that it would overlap the tag. The "more jolly by golly" piece came from a a paper edge, I thought it was way too cute to throw out so I save it and what do you know, I finally got to use it! I chopped up some of my bling border tape to add some bling here.

The original hand embellishment had an ornament hanging off of it, I clipped that off and used one of the little shapes and a flare badge that I got from JCP this year.

The word Christmas is one sticker.

I cut up some more of my bling border tape and used it to add the bling to the Christmas tree.
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

16 comments:

Lisa J said...

Oh wow. This layout is gorgeous. Love all the detail you have included here.
And your tree is pretty amazing too.

Lisa in Texas said...

This is just gorgeous! (your tree and the layout!) I love all the details and the papers you used! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

glorygirl said...

What a lovely layout! The trees are beautiful! And I love how you scrapped these photos!

gale said...

Beautiful tree and layout. I love that you took pics of it with lights off and on.

Kelly said...

What a beautiful Christmas tree and love your take on the sketch! :) All the details and tree embellishment are awesome! Thanks for playing along at Sketch N Scrap. :)

Lynette said...

Your layout is lovely and colorful. Thank you for playing along at Sketch N Scrap.

Crystal said...

I love how you included 3 different photos of your tree. The three different shots allow one to get a real sense of what your tree was like. You did a great job with all of the little details. Thanks for visiting us at Sketch N Scrap

Lisa said...

what a lovely tree! and a great layout to highlight it

Heather Hall said...

Wonderful Layout! I love all of the embellishments you used. Thanks for coming over to Sketch-N-Scrap to show us your take on the sketch!

Nancie said...

Julie, I always love your pages...and your tree!!! Your tree is gorgeous!

Monica Moore said...

love the page! I'm a fan of anything christmas and love the way you used pictures of the tree in different views. thanks for playing at SNS.

Kerry said...

You have totally inspired me to scrap my tree from this Christmas and I smiled when I read about you using the little strip from the bottom of the scrapbook paper as I did that a couple of weeks ago. Waste Not! Thanks for playing along with our 1st sketch of 2013.

Jennifer Grace said...

Love the hand embellie with the flair hanging off, it looks great! And I really like how you cut around the holly too. x

Tamika said...

fantastic holiday page and great take on the sketch!

Jimjams said...

What a fab tree - beautifully scrapped - I love how you added the flair button as a bauble on the finger!

Thanks for the link to Sketch 'n' Scrap - I love sketch challenges!

Mandi said...

Thanks for playing along at Sketch-N-Scrap. You page is great. I love all the details.