Thursday, February 21, 2013

Boys

This is layout #10 from my Feb CKC Irish Soul kit. I'm so excited that I reached my goal and have gotten 10 layouts so far and I still have a few more to share!
This layout was inspired by Lets Get Sketchy Feb 1 sketch. The only thing I added was the white background paper and the brown brads in the banner, otherwise everything from this layout was in my kit.

For the banner I used scraps of paper and for the metal pieces in between I broke them in half so I would have enough to go between all the pennants and I secured them with brown brads.

The little edge piece beside the photo that says boys is from the branding strips on one of the EP papers from my kit. The title is from the sticker sheet as are the lower arrows. And look...I finally was able to use that little piece with the train.

The star border is from the border strip page.

I used one of the little envelopes I made to place a tag with hidden journaling and just a little piece of washi completed it..

Well that's it for today!
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

20 comments:

JulieJ said...

That's a lovely crisp clean look you achieved. I think I have some of those papers - I may just get them out now I've seen what you did with them.
Forgive me for saying, but I think I might have flipped the sketch with that photo, so that they were looking into instead of out of the page. But then it would have been difficult to make the train work the way you have....

Margareta Carlsson said...

Awesome page! I love the flags and banners. Very fresh look!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love how you did the journaling! looks awesome

glorygirl said...

Ten layouts so far!!! Woo hoo!!! Way to use that kit! This page is fabulous, Julia! Love all the arrows, the hidden journaling and the way the whole design draws attention right to your photo!

Jingle said...

This is such a cute layout! So many fun elements!

Debbie P said...

Love what you did with the sketch! Beautiful product choices and colors. Excellent photo! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Stephanie U said...

Love the arrows and weight of everything on this layout. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Becky said...

Ooohhh, I LOVE that banner! Great layout!!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Love the color combo and mix of product! :)

Tammy said...

Super fun layout! I love the banners. Bonus that you were able to use scraps. :)

Tracy said...

Your layout is so lovely.
I love these colours and how you used your paper scraps for the banner.
That photo is just priceless :)

Jennifer Grace said...

Oh, I love the little tag behind the photo, with the washi on top, brilliant! And well done on getting so many layouts from your kit! x

Lynn said...

Love how you used a white background for your layout, it just makes the colors pop! Awesome take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy.

Tracy B said...

Great take on the sketch! Love the colors. Thanks for joining in at LGS!

Carla said...

Wow - I love this! Such a great masculine layout. Thanks so much for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy!

Alison Day said...

Fantastic layout! Love how you incorporated the train!! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Lisa said...

This is a fantastic layout! It's super inspirational to see such a great man layout with those super colours and elements. the banner is lovely (must remember to mix up the banner shapes more often) and the elements you have scattered across the page all support your theme - the train scrap for example is perfect.

Can I pin this for later inspiration?

Stacia Brandt said...

What a terrific page! I love your paper choices! Thanks for joining us at LGS!!

Brenshevia Baker said...

love this! such a "boy" page, great job with the sketch and the colors. thanks for joining us at LGS!

Jimjams said...

Awesome! Ten pages (so far) is great going and this one is particularly stunning. SO much to enjoy and explore and a lovely photo too!