Friday, February 15, 2013

Christmas Card

I started following a blog called Always Playing With Paper, they give challenges every Monday to make a Christmas card so that when December rolls around you aren't going crazy trying to make them all.
I used Christmas paper scraps to make this card. The envelope has the angel stamp.

I'm not entirely happy with the way the inside stamping turned out. I initially had a big missing spot in the center because of an air pocket between the stamp and block. When I restamped it I guess I didn't ensure that it was lined up again, but at this point, I'm not about to change it! Calling another one done!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

9 comments:

Allisa said...

Fabulous use of your scraps! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Carol L said...

Playing along with this challenge is going to be not only fun, but a wise decision, because you'll have all your cards done well in advance! This turned out really nice, and I love the festive papers and colors! NJ!

Bonnie said...

I love the paper pieced JOY and that you were able to make this from scraps! I always love to get some of those scraps on a card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday, Julia! I hope we'll see you here again!

Susan Joyce said...

I like how you used the different DSP for your card, nice combination. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

Lesley said...

Way to go using your scraps! I love the JOY sentiment, it looks great in polka-dots! This card is joyfully festive! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday! I hope you return! Thank you so much for following me.
Smiles,
Lesley

gale said...

Love this card and the idea of using up scraps on it!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card, I love this mix of papers. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Sherry Eckblad said...

beautiful job on this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Judy May said...

Love the papers you have used Julia. The JOY stands out so well in polka dots! Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.