Saturday, February 23, 2013

Christmas Card

It's time for another Merry Monday Challenge Christmas Card, the challenge this week was to make an elegant card. I guess each person's idea of elegant is personal, but after seeing all the design team members matting with sometimes 3 to 5 layers, I figured it must make for an elegant card. LoL!!
So I found a sheet of gold paper in my stash and  proceeded to cut it for a mat along with dark green cardstock. The base paper is from SEI and the ribbon is from my stash.

I stamped the CTMH image on the cream cardstock and again on a scrap of cardstock so I could cut it out. On the cut out piece I used a jelly roller glitter pen to trace over the musical notes and the wording, I used it on the sleigh portion that is on the cream base as well.

I used the same green ink to stamp the CTMH sentiment on the inside of the card. I added a bit of the glittered paper from the front to the inside as well as the dk green cardstock.

Products Used:
Glittered Cardstock--SEI
Dark Green cardstock--Bazzill
Gold Paper--Unknown source
Cream cardstock--CTMH
Stamped images--CTMH
Glitter pen--Jelly Roller

Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

6 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the sleigh and that glittered paper. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful papers, layering and sleigh image! I love how that's popped up! Thanks, Julia, for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Judy May said...

Love the gold frame you have created for the sleigh, Julia, it sets it off beautifully. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card! Love that sleigh! Thank you for the comment on my blog. I am your newest follower. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Your sleigh is very elegant and i love the gold mat. hanks for visiting me at my blog and have a wonderful day!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, I layered sleigh. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.