Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cigar Lovin Man

This is layout #6 from my February Irish Soul kit and I was again inspired by Tracy or MercyTiara. I was going to make another photo strip with the pictures on the right, but opted to just place them lined up.
I don't know how many of your husbands, sons, friends or family members smoke cigars but if you have never seen the cigar labels up close they can be quite beautiful. The ones on this layout are not the best ones we have, they are just extras, I'm saving the others for a piece of wall art I plan to make Mr Gulley one of these days, but he has to smoke more cigars before I can do that!

I layered up several scraps of paper along with a metal clip and a heart on top of the cigar band. When I talk about Mr Gulley to our friends I often refer to him as G, his first name is Gary his last name is Gulley and his grand pa name is Grumpy so G covers it all! So the little Love G is a message for him!

I took Tracy's lead by layering multiple journal spots to place my title on and I layered several small journal spots to complete my journaling. I outlined the arrows and hearts on this layout.

I covered the star in the middle of the sticker with another cigar band.

I took a green tag and covered it with cigar bands and cut them to size. Mr Gulley often receives gift cards to cigar stores for birthdays, anniversary's and Christmas. He loves to spend time in the walk in humidors just soaking up the flavors and smells (of course I think they quite stink!).


Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

7 comments:

Maggie said...

Can you relax? Fab LO, so much to see and be inspired by.
Definitely going to steal the idea of journaling over several small tags, just the ticket!

Lisa said...

such a great way to use some of the items we all collect and intend to use "one day"!! great layou

Jennifer Grace said...

Those labels do look cool! And I like the heart under your title! x

Julie H said...

I've been watching a few MercyTiara videos lately, too, and I can see the influence. But you've done a great job of making it your own with your own personal touches and memorabillia!

glorygirl said...

This looks FABULOUS! Love how you used the labels and bands in the page! Hope you'll share the wall art when you create it!!!

gale said...

Great layout. I love how you used the cigar labels on it.

Jimjams said...

What a fab idea - those labels add such colour and depth! Gorgeous page!