Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February CKC kit

Here is my February CKC kit, it's counterfeited from the Scraptastic club kit Chasing Pavement. The title of that kit got me thinking and so I googled it and it turns out it's part of a song by Adele. So I took a little inspiration from that for my kit. The song was originally released in Ireland...hence the name...

"Irish Soul"

Why? Because there is soo much green in this kit!

I had 2 of the original pieces of paper from an EP mini kit called boys.
EP Boys- Stripe, Arrow, Journaling
EP Style- Essentials Green Flourish, Green Quatrefoil
Basic Grey Marjolain- Molten Cake, Hazelnut Dacquiose, Maple Walnut Bar
MME So Sophie-Living Proof Pleasant Stripe
CTMH Lucky- Dark blue with Circles
Cardstock--Bazzill & CTMH
 
Back sides

EP Boys Journaling & CTMH Journey Journal spots
 
These are red, orange and grey scraps from my 4x6 basket. Not sure what I'm going to do with all of them yet, but I will prolly use at least some of them.
 
CTMH- Noted Canvas shapes, Lucky stickease assortment
EP- Boys Sticker accents
October Afternoon- Road Map & Report Card label stickers
Scenic Route- Ashville labels

EP- mini green stickers
Basic Grey- LilyKate green & Hang 10 blue
Cosmo Cricket- Lime Rickey green
Nikki Sivilis- Summer blue
 
Mini bags I made out of vellum

Washi tape
 
4 chipboard journal spots and lots of misc. journal spots and labels that I cut out with my quickutz

2 green chipboard arrows, gray and orange arrows I cut out with my quickutz with scrap paper, the journal arrows I cut out with my silhouette, I have some red ones that didn't cut out so well, I'm going to have to use my exacto knife to complete the cuts. The large green arrow  is from Scenic Route, I think.

I cut out the red hearts out with my quickutz and the journal speech bubbles were cut out on my silhouette. The other stuff is MM, MME, and random misc.

I used the other portion of the clear piece on another project but couldn't toss out this cute train piece, I hope I am able to use it this month. The buttons are from CTMH and other random misc.

All the little bits are random pieces that I have had left from other kits that I had tossed into a bowl on my scrap desk, I'm hoping to use them up this month. 2 bottles of pearl paint, I might try to make some enamel dots or just accent with them. The solid floss is DMC and the twine is from an unknown source.


Coluzzle hexagon tracing tool.
 
CTMH stamps.

A1132 Seal-Family

S1204 You Are...

S1112 Mad About You

B1366 Lucky

S1109 Limited Edition

C1492 Florentine Workshop

CC1020 It's Your Day

That's Irish Soul!
Doesn't really look like much  when it's all together like this.
I sure hope I can get at least 10 layouts done with it this month.
 
Are you putting together a CKC kit this month? If so make sure to link it up at the CKC blog! I love to see the kits everyone puts together and then what they make with those kits.
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!

6 comments:

glorygirl said...

Wow! What a kit! Loooove the stamp sets (I used It's Your Day in mine, too0 and the washi choices!!! Looking forward to see how you use your stamps!

mandysea said...

wowo your kit is sooo organised! I love the red crate you put it in! Lots of fabby papers and embellis, oooh and you made your vellum bags - they are just cool!

Lisa J said...

Awesome kit Julia. Love all your embellishments and your papers match so well to the original kit. Can't wait to see your 10+ layouts this month.

Maggie said...

Julie, you have so much "stuff"' I can see I've got a lot to learn and some shopping to do.

Jennifer Grace said...

What an amazing kit! I love all those label stickers, and the washi tape, and your handmade vellum bags! Have fun with it all! x

Chipper said...

This is a yummy kit. I love that you have included so many stamps.