Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hello....

This is layout #8 from my Feb CKC Irish Soul kit, this is also challenge #2 on the CKC blog to use speech bubbles.

 Initially I was inspired by a sketch from Shimelle.com but after scrolling down and seeing what guest designer Megan Klauer did I decided to lift her rendition of the sketch! But now, looking at both Shimelle's and Megan's I don't think my layout duplicated either one. LoL!! Love starting one way and ending up in a totally different direction but with the same feel.


I used my Quickutz Lifestyle cookie cutter alpha dies to cut out the word hello on this tag then stamped the bottom border and added the pearl paint.
The entire title is "Hello... girls play dragons too!" I stamped the little arrow that says true story, added a variety of stickers and buttons to this cluster. I had to mix the letters to get my title since I had already used up so many letters.
I used washi tape, a border punch and added some pearl paint to the speech bubbles.
More stamped speech bubbles with pearl paint, another sticker down the side and under the button and another piece of washi tape along the edge.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

9 comments:

Chipper said...

I love everything about this layout, especially the title! I love it when you start something and it takes a pleasing unexpected turn :-)

glorygirl said...

WOW! Incredible detail on this layout! Love the subject, the title and all those wonderful details!

Aileen said...

Your layout is fab. The speech bubbles work well. x

Debbie P said...

Popping over from Shimelle's site! Awesome job on her sketch! I love what you did with it! Fabulous product choices!

Jennifer Grace said...

I'm a girl and I definitely play dragons too! I love the stamped border with the pearls on top, that look brilliant! x

li-bee-ti said...

The title is superb! a very colorful and cheerful layout. love your tag.

Angela Coles said...

wonderful title work.

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

I can totally see how you drew inspiration from Shimelle and Megan. I especially love the mix of letters in your title.

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Great page! The stamp and pearl paint on the tag really make a pretty border - love it!