Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Jessie's Girls--August 2012 CKC

This layout is based on a sketch from Sketch'n'Scrap. I love this site! Even though I did this layout last August I didn't seem to have the time to upload it till now. That was the case with all my layouts from August, I will hopefully be getting them all uploaded  in the near future! I actually made it using a kit that I put together for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog, but hey, I didn't even post a photo of that till last September. LoL!!
This layout is of my niece's best friend Jessie, she was in a horrible car accident in September 2011 and had a pretty severe head injury. We took my niece Amber's 2 girls out to see Jessie and her mom when I was there in January 2012.

I love that I was able to use 3 straight pins here, I didn't put many into that kit, but believe me I have tons of them that I bought years ago and still haven't made a dent in my stash of them.

I love mixing fonts!

I used one of the title tags "you" on this layout just for the phrase. I was also excited that I was finally able to use this little file folder embellishment that has been in my stash for years and years. I actually got it from a swap I was in, when I used to swap, at least 5 or 6 years ago.

The brads weren't in my kit but I thought they tied all the colors I used in the kit together.


Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

13 comments:

Madeline said...

The brad circle is amazing and so colorful!

Danielle said...

Beautiful layout, love that colorful circle you've made!

Tammy said...

Super fun layout! Love that circle of brads. :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

super awesome layout- love the circle of brads!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so beautiful! I love how you used the brads and made a rainbow of color!

emily said...

Nice design...and a great moment to capture!

Jingle said...

This is SO CUTE! I absolutely LOVE that brad circle!

Christine Cieri said...

The brads are awesome!

LauraB whosthischick said...

What a lovely layout and I hope your niece continues to improve. The brad circle is a great touch.

Fleursbydesign said...

Love the circles of brads, great layout :)

Tracy said...

This is such a sweet layout.
Great way to use those brads :)

Michelle said...

Gorgeous LO

Julie H said...

I love your circle of brads, and your other little touches.