Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Love My Guys

February CKC layout #1 from my February CKC kit Irish Soul...
This layout was inspired by the new blog called About A Boy Challenge Blog, the theme of the challenge was to introduce your boy or boys, whichever the case may be. I love the pops of orange on this layout!! I also used a sketch from Page Maps as well, it was for the fancy pants challenge last month. I actually got out my sewing machine on this layout as well which I hardly ever do but I have resolved to use it more.
 

The buttons are actually stickers from one of the CTMH sticker sheets and  I just threaded floss through them.

I cut one of my orange paper scraps and my quickutz to cut out this large heart, all the word and phrase stickers are from one of the CTMH sticker sheets. I added 3 random brads to the top of the stitched circle.

I used several pieces of orange washi tape and a long strip of wood grain washi tape down the edge of the blue paper and finally I stamped the word amazing on the little tag using CTMH stamp S1204 Are you...
 
I love how this layout turned out! I especially love all the colors from this months CKC kit!
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

18 comments:

li-bee-ti said...

Awesome! love the patterns and colors here.
Thanks for joining us at AAB challenge blog.

Brenshevia Baker said...

awesome page and introduction to your men, thanks for joining us at LGS!

Brenshevia Baker said...

Great page, and intro to your men. thanks for joining us at AAB!

Kelly said...

Awww Julia, what a fabulous layout of all your guys! I love that you added the stitching too, what a super extra touch. Thanks for playing along with us at AAB. :)

Melinda Garner said...

Great layout! Really like your pp choice! Thank you for joining us at AAB!!

glorygirl said...

Wow! The sketch looks like it was made for your layout! Perfectly done! Love all these details and your wonderful pictures!

mandysea said...

the stitching of the circle is fabulous! Love the heart and tied buttons too.. lovely LO!

Cindy Keogh said...

Great layout - such hansome men! Thank you for playing along at About a Boy!

Sandy Ang said...

what a great take on the sketch

jenessa said...

Fabulous LO! Love your color choices =) Thanks for playing along with us at About A Boy!

Devra said...

This is beautiful. Love all the colors and great job with the different elements. Glad you came over to AAB

Lintsi said...

Lovely layout of your men! I love the stitching! So happy you joined us at AAB!

The Scorpian Crafter said...

Love your guy layout!! Thanks for joining About a Boy challenges!

Stacia Brandt said...

What a great page to use to introduce the men in your life! Thanks for playing along at AAB

Lisa J said...

Gorgeous layout Julia. Love all your little details. Great use of your CKC kit.

Julie Hollis said...

LOVE this layout! Great colors and beautiful take on the PageMaps sketch. Thanks for playing with us in the About A Boy challenge.

Jennifer Grace said...

The pop of orange does look really great, and I love how your stitching goes under some things and over others! x

Chipper said...

Great colours on your layout. I used to sew more on my layouts until I had to pack away my machine. Sewing adds so much extra texture.