Monday, February 25, 2013

PL week #6

This is Week #6 for PL, I'm loving how it's coming together!! I'm also calling this layout #12 from my Feb CKC Irish Soul kit.
Sorry about the glare, I forgot to take pictures before I put each piece in the page protectors. I did add in a few extras besides my kit this week.

I cut out the word hello on a tag for an earlier layout and of course I can't throw anything away so I added it here!

I used a scrap of paper just so that I would have room to add some washi tape to this photo.

These photos are kinda out of the norm for me, I don't usually take pictures of my food, OK, I never take pictures of my food, so really this is a first!! The photo on the right is one that I took while I was at work. There is a huge mechanical sculpture/art piece hanging in the lobby of one of the hospitals entrances, it just happened to be lit up as I was leaving work one night and I took a picture. I added the little red tag to it.

I bought a package of label tabs and I used a couple of them here. I also used another of my home made vellum envelopes  that I dressed up and I actually added a piece of brown cardstock to the inside, just to keep from seeing the backside  of the card behind it.

I used the pull out card to add journaling to, it's actually a larger piece of the cut apart sheet that I cut the bottom off of for journaling.

Here's a close up to see the journaling.

I stamped on a canvas speech bubble to add to this photo.

I had cut out a hexagon from the background paper and wanted to use an orange piece of paper here so I printed out a photo of the logo to the restaurant we went to and cut out a journal spot from the cut apart sheet to type my journaling on to cover it.

I used my first emphema this week, I cut bits of the tag from Mr Gulley's new Wrangler's and added them to the photos.

I dug out my white journal pen and am not really happy with how it looks, but I can't complain too much since I haven't used it for at least 6 months or maybe longer.

I used the other half of the red tag I used earlier.

I added this journal spot  from a pack I got at Michael's several weeks ago.

I added the green tag to this and stamped the SUN on it.

Final picture...no make up and all! I had to get creative with the letters again!
 
I am so loving PL!!! I feel like I am capturing our everyday lives and that doesn't always reflect in my scrapbooking!
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!


12 comments:

Jingle said...

These look great!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

These look wonderful! Such a great way to document your day-to-day stuff. :)

Norma Gomez said...

Hi Julia, great project life pages!

glorygirl said...

I LOVE all the fun everyday details you've captured in this layout! I especially love the pics you took of your hubby buying new jeans. Totally everyday thing, but one day it will be so much fun to look back at what "everyday" was like in 2013. Awesome layout!

LauraB whosthischick said...

Terrific page. Lots of fun photos ... I forgot to take photos last week.

Danielle said...

Wonderful PL pages, love the everyday photos!

Christine Cieri said...

Love looking at project life spreads :)

Fleursbydesign said...

Great PL pages, love the vellum pocket :)

emily said...

Those pictures will be so interesting to look back at...parts of your day-to-day. i did a week-in-the-life mini album one year and it is really fun to look at now. I love your creative use of bits & pieces of stuff you have.

Tammy said...

I couldn't agree more - PL is great for capturing the small details that don't always make it into layouts. Love the jeans shopping photos and that you are documenting your crafty storage. :)

Melissa Priest said...

Great Project Life pages! I am finally going to get mine up tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Where are you from? I used to live in Snyder and Loraine. I bet you know where that is ;)

Melissa Priest

Michelle said...

Love ur PL pages!