Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sweet Zoë

February CKC layout #2 from my kit Irish Soul...I love making layouts for this sweet baby girl that aren't full of pink! LoL!!! When my daughter in law initially told me she didn't want all of Zoë's childhood layouts full of pink and fluff I was a little put out...then I looked back at my older grand daughters first 4 or 5 albums and that's all there was...pink! LoL!!! So I relented and have been scrapping non-pink layouts of Zoë ever since! Of course this has to be one of my favorites, I love this sweet little face!!!

This layout was inspired by the newest sketch at Sketch N Scrap, originally it was supposed to be a 5 photo sketch.

I used CTMH stamp S1112 Mad about you to make this tag, I used slate ink on blue cardstock. I also used my pearl paint to dot the inside of the flowers.
 
I used CTMH stamp C1492 Florentine Workshop border to make this border, I covered part of it wit Washi tape and also used more pearl paint. I love that I finally used another of those random brads and that little metal blue piece on the left edge of the journal spot, which is from the CTMH cut apart journal cards. 

I cut one of the deco squares that I pulled from my stash and used part of it here along with another journal piece. You can see I added some more pearl paint so some of the background pattern paper flowers.
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

20 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh I love how you made the sketch your own and that pearl paint is so pretty on the flowers! Her face is just precious!!! Hey, but when she is wearing pink, I would have a hard time not scrapping pink. ;) Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap. :)

Heather Hall said...

What a cutie! The paper choice and elements are beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Sketch N Scrap!

Crystal said...

Nice take on the sketch. I love the products/colors that you used. Thanks for creating with us at SNS!

Lisa said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love your non- pink girl layout! Your stamped accents are perfect for this layout, great job with the sketch and thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

mandysea said...

So lovely!! Of course it helps too when you have such sweet sweet sweet photos to scrap! She's adorable!!! I love the colours you choose to scrap her in, look...the green paper matches the bottom of her little cupcakes on the top she's wearing!!!

Kerry said...

Surely the occasional pink page should be allowed? Although that is a gorgeous colour combo and such sweet photo's. A great take on our sketch, thanks for playing along with us.

Sue Althouse said...

This is still totally sweet and wonderful without the pink!

Angela Coles said...

she's so sweet and so is that page. Really like the oval and circle pieces

glorygirl said...

LOL! How can you avoid pink when she's dressed in such a cute pink shirt? LOL! You did a great job making the page adorable with no pink. Love the sentiment embellies and the stamp!

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

Such sweet layout.

Lisa J said...

Super cute layout (and little one). Love all your stamping too.

Chipper said...

I love the stamped tag!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Very pretty (and non-pink :))!

Tamika said...

Oh I know what you mean about the "pink" but it is so hard to resist, lol. You knocked this out of the park with a fantastic color combination. Kudos to you! Thank you for joining us at Sketch~nScrap!

Jennifer Grace said...

That looks really lovely, I like how the flowers frame the photo! x

Lynette said...

I love how you used these papers to create such a lovely baby layout. Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

Amy said...

I love all the details on your super adorable page. Thank you for playing along at Sketch-n-Scrap.

Scrap Your Story said...

Aweeee...what super sweat photos and your layout just shows them perfectly! Lovely job! :) If you have a chance check out the new scrapbooking blog starting up. Your layouts would be a great fit for the coming challenges and you might enjoy the inspiration!! :) :) ScrapYourStory.blogspot.com :) :) :)

Mandi said...

Don't you just want t pinch those little cheeks? She is so cute. Thanks for playing along at S~N~S.

li-bee-ti said...

What a sweetie little girl :)). I love the colors here and the border is so great! Thanks for joining us at CKC.