Tuesday, February 26, 2013

They Sleep in Chairs Like Babies

This is layout #13 from my Feb CKC Irish Soul kit, I'm finding it hard to believe I have gotten so many layouts from this kit and I still have tons of scraps in my box, though they are getting pretty tiny!
This layout was inspired by the Feb 15 sketch at Stuck, really, I did start out with the sketch!!! I used all scraps for this layout and I had to add the kraft cardstock. I have one piece of brown cardstock that hasn't been cut into left in my kit so I may be able to squeeze out one more layout if I find time in the next couple of days!

I stamped on the canvas shapes and the sentiment along the bottom.

I mixed up the alpha's again because I am running so low on some of them. I might toss some out after I finish with this kit, but then again they might come in useful on some random project! LoL!! I can be such a hoarder!!!

If you look closely you can tell that I Frankensteined some letters on this layout, I just learned that term recently! On the word They, the Y is a cut down X; the word Like the E is from a F and Z; and the word Babies, the A is from a V and Z, the E is from an O and K and the S is from my green letters that I inked to make blue, in person you really can't tell the difference like you can in this picture!


Thanks for visiting my blog today!

10 comments:

Angela Coles said...

great layering and use of letters and words

Maggie said...

I'm so impressed that you have used up almost all of your kit, Frankenstein ing! Love I!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Too cute! And fun title work!! :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Pretty page!

LauraB whosthischick said...

Love the layers, great masculine page (but I sleep in those chairs too lol)

glorygirl said...

Bwahahahaha! Love those pictures and the title on this page! Also loving how you've showcased that heart stamp and the wood grain washi is awesome!

Sue Althouse said...

Love those photos! That's what happens when you live with a scrapper, lol. Fun page!

Tracy said...

This is such a great layout.
So fun :)

Becky said...

I love the blue and green and how you stamped on the canvas shapes!

Julie H said...

I will have to remember that word, Frankensteined! love it! and I never would have notices if you hadn't said. Great, fun page!