Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Watch Me Splash

This is layout #5 using my February Irish Soul kit, it was also inspired by one of my favorite Canadian scrappers Tracy. I originally found her on 2 peas and then started following her blog and her YouTube channel where she's known as MercyTiara. I love her style and she has inspired me to break out of my box on numerous occasions.
I had a stack of photos from when we were swimming last summer with my oldest grand daughter, she wanted me to take her picture as she jumped in the pool. So I took the photo, in action mode and kept my finger on the button. I had over 30 photos from start to finish. I wanted to make a photo strip and Tracy inspired me to make one. This is my favorite layout so far!

I added the ink splatters using smooch white spritz and glimmermist in icicle blue. I layered the Love sticker onto a speech bubble and hid most of it under the photo strip.

Tracy outlines more often than inking edges so I thought I would try her technique on this layout.

I added the thicker glitter letters in white and turquoise. I also added the striped orange washi to this layout and tucked in a couple of the scraps papers, the grey border over the striped piece and the orange under it. I love the layering here.

I broke out a couple of border punches for this layout as well. I added the blue/turquoise glitter dot sheet to my kit only to add some extra glitter and make the colors a little more girlish if that makes since.

I stamped the 3 little hearts on the speech bubble and layered up the sticker Happy with another journal spot sticker and attached them with my tiny attacher.


Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

9 comments:

Maggie said...

Love this LO, so much going on!
You have used some amazing ideas and I may just have to borrow some of them, d'accord?
Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm now your newest follower.

Angela Coles said...

great use of arrows and bubbles with those gorgeous photo strips - great page

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Another great page - did you make your own photo strips or did you have them printed that way?

glorygirl said...

What a great layout! Love the title and the speech bubbles are perfect here!

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

The layers caught my attention right away, but all the bit and pieces really make this layout wonderful!

Chipper said...

So many layers and bits and pieces! THis is a fabulous layout.

Jennifer Grace said...

This looks awesome, I love the photo strips, and there's so much movement on the page! x

gale said...

Cute! I love how you put the pictures in strips.

li-bee-ti said...

Your design shows perfectly the motion of the photos. I really loved the photos strip.