Friday, February 22, 2013

Zena

This is layout #11 from my Feb CKC Irish Soul kit and I absolutely love that I have used so many scraps in this layout!
I was inspired by Sketch #247 at Creative Scrappers, I know you might not think it looks much like the sketch but sketches are a starting point...right!?!? I added the kraft background paper, the paint/ink splatters in green and sunset and several brown brads.

Here's a close up of the scraps on the upper corner and the splatters.

I stamped the sentiment I love this life on a couple of scraps  of die cut pieces that were in my kit.

If you look closely you can see I doctored up a letter "A" because I was out of them.

I needed to add another little pop of blue to the bottom so I cut one of the CTMH stickers and tucked it in with the green chipboard piece.
 
As you can see my journaling is pretty self explanatory!
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!!

9 comments:

Anandi Raman Creath said...

I love the scraps at the top especially, and the colors you chose.

Danielle said...

Gorgeous layout and some great use of your scraps!

Jennifer Grace said...

Ooh, this looks fantastic! I love all the scraps, they all go so well together and are very nicely arranged! Plus, great photo! x

Dictionary said...

What a great layout and I too have also had to doctor many a letter just to complete a title.

Fleursbydesign said...

Great layout, love how you used your scraps :)

Jingle said...

This is such a pretty layout! I love it!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Great use of scraps! All of the paper strips look awesome!

glorygirl said...

Another fabulous layout! You just keep cranking them out! What a sweet photo of your pup!

artfulscrapbooking said...

Cute layout!! Love all the arrows!!! xo Evie