Saturday, March 23, 2013

Adorable

This layout is inspired by the About A Boy challenge to use your scraps. And that's just what I did!
I had put several pieces of scrap paper into my March Corner Stop & Shop kit and I have made several layouts and had leftover scraps from those...mix it all up with some cute embellishments and a sketch from Page Draft and this is what you get...
 
I tweaked the sketch somewhat to make it fit the photo I had, I really wanted to add 4 photos but I didn't find ones that I thought would work with the sketch.

This is another of those really cute title cuts that I bought on clearance last summer. I have tons of them!!! I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I bought them all...but oh well, I got a stellar price so I am going to make them work. I layered the brackets on either end with a beige and green bracket, plus I turned those labels into pennants and added word stickers to them.

The polaroid frame was the perfect fit for this picture, I just added a couple of brads and the date written with a sharpie pen. The original sketch had a couple pattern papers or tapes across the top, I couldn't find anything that didn't clash with the 4 scrap pieces under the photo so I went with 4 different washi tapes.

Love this little cluster with the ombre tag and the camera cut out.

OK...remember years and years ago when slide mounts were the thing? I do, I don't have that many but somehow I ended up with this turquoise one and it's been in my stash for years and years and years! When I started pulling from my color bins to make my kit I threw it in because it matched the colors of my kit, though I really didn't think I would be able to use it! LoL!!! Love that it finally made it onto paper!

This letter started out as bright, almost neon, turquoise, I initially sprayed it with petina glimmermist hoping to tone it down, it helped but when I added the HS mint green, it turned such a lovely shimmery turquoise color!
 
 
Supplies Used:
CTMH kraft cardstock, wood button, green dot and flourish scraps; EP style essentials dk teal damask, everyday eclectic hexagons side B; MME adorable title, the sweetest thing bluebell smile stickers, the sweetest thing label stickers; Recollections polaroid frame, camera cutout; AC dear lizzy flags, word stickers, mini marks rub on word, flare; Heidi Grace heart sticker; Simple Stories 100 days of summer word stickers; Pressed Petals chipboard letter; Glimmermist petina; Washi-target, smash; RUM-washi, yellow scrap, green flower scrap, brads, die cut shape (scrap cut with my Revolution), turquoise slide mount
 
Add-On:
Heidi Swapp mint green ink
 
 
That's it for today, thanks for visiting my blog today!!

12 comments:

Tania said...

I love your colour scheme and your use of embellishments. And your are right; he is adorable!

glorygirl said...

What a fun bunch of embellishments! I have a few slide mounts in the ol' stash - love how you used yours!

Brenshevia Baker said...

Such an adorable page and great job using those scraps! thanks for joining us at AAB!

jenessa said...

Very cute! Love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at AAB

Melinda Garner said...

I really like the color palette! Super cute elements! Thank you for joining us at AAB!

Kelly said...

Great job with the stash and oh do I remember those slides! I have a ton of them still! Love the turquoise on kraft! Thanks for playing along with us at About A Boy! :)

sassyscrapper said...

I like the series of washi you used at the top. And the title of your kit is adorable. Among many, coming up with a name is one of the things I love about creating kits.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow! Way to breathe some fresh life into some elements I haven't seen in a while! That's not easy, but you pulled this off beautifully! Thanks for the inspiration!

Julie Hollis said...

Fabulous layout!! You have a great knack of mixing the old with the new. Thanks for playing with us over at About A Boy.

lintsi said...

I love the colors and the polaroid pic. Good job putting together old and new. Thanks for joining us at About a Boy!

Cindy Keogh said...

Cute layout, I love the colors! Thank you for playing at About a Boy!

Jennifer Grace said...

I love all the details to look at on this page! Especially the slide mount, well done for getting it on there! x