Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Believe In Yourself

This is it....NUMBER 14!!!!
I made a relatively large February CKC kit called Irish Soul and this is the last layout that I made using that kit. Tomorrow I will show some journal cards for PL and a birthday card that I made before showing you the remnants of my kit.
I was actually digging around looking through my scraps to make some journal cards for PL and I found the piece of brown cardstock at the bottom of the tray and thought...one more. I had just been over to Shimelle.com and found a sketch there that I was inspired to try after seeing what designer Paige Evans did with it. I've been saying I wanted to use my sewing machine more and well this layout allowed me to do just that!

The title is cut on a scrap of white, I originally thought I would use the cut out letters and then realized that is was probably too teeny weeny to be able to use it well, so I just used the negative instead. I do like how it looks but I wish I had balanced the white at the bottom, it's not in an album yet so I just might have to find a scrap of white to do the trick.

I did add a piece of green vellum under the photo just to give it a little separation from the scraps underneath.

I cut out the arrows from a border piece to add around the layout.

I did lift the photo and the arrows with pop dots.


That's it for my Irish Soul...


Thanks for visiting my blog today!

14 comments:

Margareta Carlsson said...

I love all those diagonal stitched strips!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what an awesome layout! love the strips and the title work!!! everything is so perfect

~Melissa~ said...

Pretty layering and really like that card you used on the side!

Jingle said...

Very cute layout!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Love all of those diagonal papers! Great mix of papers and colors too!

angie gutshall said...

Great mix of papers! Great job!

glorygirl said...

Love the stitching, the vellum and the arrows!

emily said...

The mix of scraps and patterns is great!

Patricia said...

Great colors and loving the stripes!!

Lisa said...

14 layouts is a huge number from one kit but I love how you ahve worked it right down to the scraps and even fished out the machine to really jazz them up. all the details you've added such as the vellum really add a lot here. I agree that a touch of white would be great on the diagonal at the bottom but even as it is, it's lovely!

Lisa said...

14 layouts is a huge number from one kit but I love how you ahve worked it right down to the scraps and even fished out the machine to really jazz them up. all the details you've added such as the vellum really add a lot here. I agree that a touch of white would be great on the diagonal at the bottom but even as it is, it's lovely!

Jimjams said...

Love your take on the sketch and great use of your scraps!

Jennifer Grace said...

All the stitching looks amazing, and I love the negative title! x

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a beautiful layout! There is something about the combination of words and that picture that are so tender and inspiring. Well done!