Thursday, March 14, 2013

Christmas Card

I'm all about trying to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to making Christmas cards. For the last several years I have found that if I start making them in January then when November and December roll around I don't have near the level of stress that I used to!
 
Thanks to the World Wide Web and Blogger I have come across several Christmas Card challenges to encourage me to get my cards made!
 
This card was inspired by  52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown, the theme this week is metallic gold, black and white. I love, love, love how this card came out!!! For a full list of supplies that I used scroll to the bottom of this post.

I have to tell you that that black and gold ribbon has been in my stash for a very long time!!!

Love how shiny that gold metallic cardstock is...you can see my reflection in it. I can tell you that I like the Zing brand of gold embossing powder, it's a little shiner than CTMH.



Supplies: Paper Studio card base, CTMH black cardstock, CTMH white cardstock, Recollections gold cardstock, Zing gold embossing powder, CTMH black ink, RUM black/gold ribbon

Stamps: CTMH C1328 Festive Frills, D1388 Card Chatter-Christmas


Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

10 comments:

Julie J said...

That's a lovely card. Thanks for the heads up on the two embossing powders - filed for future reference.

Patricia H said...

I love, love, love how your card came out, too! It's a fantastic example of classic elegance. The embossed wreath is lovely, and that ribbon is simply gorgeous!
I'm glad you found the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge blog! Thanks for joining in this week's color challenge. I hope you'll join us again next week! :)

Louise van Vuren said...

Wowser! This is amazing, love how your card turned out and that ribbon is a perfect touch. So glad you found us at 52CCT and I hope you will play again

Louise xx

Mynnette said...

This is just gorgeous! LOVE the amazing wreath that you embossed and that black and gold is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Fleursbydesign said...

Beautiful card :)

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely gorgeous - so very elegant. Love the black and gold ribbon. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Danielle Vincent said...

Want a gorgeous elegant card. LOVE that embossed wreath! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

Ruth M said...

Julia, what a stunning card, so elegant and classy! Love that you decorated inside and the envelope, I always love seeing that as I do it too!
Thanks so much for taking part in our 52 {C}CT colour challenge and please come back soon! Ruth x

Daen'Ys said...

Wow, what a precious card!! Really, really beautiful!
Congrats for the Top Honor.

Rosi x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fabulous card, congrat for the Top Honor.