Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Happy Day

Yes, this is the 2nd post for today! I want to make the deadline for challenge #2 over at Scrap Your Story, it's an animal theme challenge. Once I decided I wanted to do the challenge I headed over to Page Drafts an opted to use one of their new releases.
 
It wasn't hard to pull together a layout from my beautiful Corner Stop & Shop March CKC kit. It's an absolutely ginormous kit and the colors are soo fun!!
 
I'm not sure who made that burlap embellishment that came in a kit I won several months ago, but I have held onto it for just the right page and this appears to be it! For a full list of supplies scroll down to the bottom of this post.

You can hardly tell where I splattered ink on this corner but it's there.

Love those little sticker flowers!

Several months ago I printed out a ton of free labels and journal cards from different sites on the Internet, these labels are cut from 2 different label sheets with similar colors.

You can see I lifted the photo and its mat up on pop dots to clear the burlap embellishment.


Paper: CTMH lagoon cardstock, EP Everyday Eclectic Hexagons, Bazzill salmon, EP Style Essentials dk teal damask, MME scrap for photo mat

Embellishments: Washi tape pink, Washi tape green, BG bird paper tape, SEI oasis stickers, Soft Spoken stickers, Paper Studio gemstones, Special Moments flower stickers, Martha Stewart labels, AC roller date stamp, Glimmermist rum punch, CTMH lagoon ink, RUM pink gemstones/burlap embellishment, Sharpie Marker


Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

11 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

Such a sweet photo and wonderful paper choices for your layout!

Madeline said...

Very pretty papers and page!

Jessica said...

What a good idea to pop a whole layer like that, I tend to just to do one photo or a group of embellies. The colors and paper are perfect for this photo. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Your Story.

Jennifer Grace said...

This is so pretty, and I love the line of gems on the last journaling label! x

Em said...

Wow Julie, thank you for sharing over at Page Drafts FB you have created a lovely project and cleverly combined lots of fab papers to show off this fun photo and sketch. Its lovely to meet you and look forward to seeing more of your work inspired by PD's ;)

Brandi Matos said...

GREAT lo!! Super photos!!!
Thanks for playing along at SYS!!!!!

Val Thorpe said...

Love the bright happy colours of this layout. Sweet photo and I love the handwritten journalling... THanks for playing along at SYS...

glorygirl said...

Love the layers behind the photo and the layers of journaling strips on the photo!

Christy said...

I loooove the pic and the bright fun colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Scrap Your Story!

Jimjams said...

What a great combination of colours and textures - a beautiful page.

Lisa said...

you are really working your kit so well. it's so full of gorgeous designs and colours and your pages are so lovely