Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Moments to Remember--unfinished

I have been wanting to make a 2 page layout for awhile, especially since I saw that Allison Davis had brought back sketch week to her blog. This woman has inspired me like no other!! Enough about my girl crush!!!
Have I ever mentioned that I have a little issue with hoarding? Well I do and the CTMH Avonlea kit is one that I have hoarded since I bought it, well actually I bought the workshop on the go kit and the card making kit. They were the first purchases I made out of the catalog last fall. Once I had them in my hands I promptly put them in my paper rack to pull out and ogle every now and again. For a full list of supplies I used please scroll to the bottom.

I was inspired by a blog called Color My Heart  where they really encourage you to use all those beautiful CTMH products that you may or may not be hoarding!!!
I mixed 2 kits together for this layout. I have nearly used up the Elemental kit but I still have a few pattern pieces and I think 1 full sheet of paper left along with some dimensional elements.

I was encouraged by Allison to sew on my layout and of course I haven't done a lot of sewing in several months so my stitching didn't turn out the greatest.

I decided to also use my little wooden shapes that I have been hoarding! I've had these since they first came out and this is the first time I've used them.

I love how I blinged up my canvas elements on these pages!
 
 
I still can't decide which pictures to use on these pages so I will hoard them a bit longer in my unfinished layout album. I plan on making several more pages with these paper packs so I might wait on one big occasion before I add pictures to them.


Paper: CTMH pacifica cardstock, CTMH colonial white cardstock, Avonlea pattern paper, Elemental pattern paper (retired)

Embellishments: CTMH Avonlea compliment canvas sheets, Elemental dimensional elements, CTMH opaques adhesive gems mocha, CTMH garden wooden shapes, Thickers brown letters, RUM cream sewing floss, Want 2 Scrap mini beige pearls, Allison Davis Sketch Book #2 (7 photo)


Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

9 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Awesome layouts!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is beautiful! I'll have to check out the sketches. Always helpful to me when my mojo leaves me. LOL!

Shirley Bernal said...

Love the 2 page layout! The fonts you are using are beautiful!

Kigz said...

Julie, this is fantastic! I love the combination of papers! Do you mind if I pin this so I can find it later to CASE for my own scrapbook? I really love all of the details! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Dare this week! :) Feel free to come by with a new layout each week to share...wink, wink. ;)

canadian_liner said...

Wow! love that combo of Avonlea with Elemental! Don't you wish that Avonlea teal was a permanent colour... It makes a nice bold background which will set off your photos really well. Also love the way you dressed up and grouped all the embellies. Thanks so much for playing along at Color My Heart this week!

Becca Whitham said...

Really, really nice! I love Avonlea paper, and I have a ton of pictures to scrapbook. This is going in my CASE file!! You combined the colored papers seemlessly. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

Pam said...

Great job! A nice combination of colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Color my Heart.

sarahstone said...

What a gorgeous layout! I love all your embellishments, especially the canvas. Great job, and it's so good to have you at Color My Heart!

Sarah

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Congratulations on a fantastic scrapbook layout and for winning the Color Dare Diamond award! We would love to have you be a Guest Designer for a future challenge--are you up for it? Please contact me at mflayer at comcast.net for more details.
:) Marie