Friday, March 22, 2013

Smile

This layout was made using the inspiration for CSI Case #63. I love that the colors in my March Corner Stop & Shop kit had the inspiration colors in it and all I had to do was figure out which embellishments to use. I also used a Scrapbook Generation AD one page sketch on this one.
 
My daughter in law pointed out that I don't have many layouts that include me, I do make them occasionally but I don't always end up in the photos when I have the camera out, it's usually me taking the pictures. This picture was one that I cropped myself out of, LoL, I cut out my friends and just left me...
 
So here I am, this is actually a recent photo, from this January. I love the layout around the photo! I think it turned out perfectly!!

Love the little banner I made with those pennant cut outs and random buttons.

Have I ever mentioned that I have a girl crush on Allison Davis? She inspires me to try new things all the time and though sewing isn't new to me it's a technique I haven't done in a while (at least with any consistency) and I'm in love with this technique all over again!


Love that little cut out with he flowers, suits the colors so well in this layout!

I added the tiled letters for my title, the original sketch had the title over the journal spot, but I placed the banner too low, so I had to get creative.

Love this little cut out journal spot, it was the perfect place to write that saying by Dr Seuss since the photo was taken at my dear friend Janet's sons funeral. Believe me I shed many tears that day, but I smiled so much more because we all shared so many wonderful memories!

I used a scrap piece of vellum that I had thrown in my kit and put it under my photo and then popped them up for a little extra dimension.
 
Supplies Used:
CTMH Clementine paper, wood buttons, blue letter tiles; SEI turquoise scrap; MME follow your heart be happy never forget paper, the sweetest thing stickers; Teresa Collins he said she said scalloped border sticker, die cuts, enamel dots; AC dear lizzy neopolitan cheerful notes, flare; WRMK sew easy fancy floss; RUM buttons, chipboard butterfly, vellum scrap; Silhouette cut vellum polaroid frame
 
Add-On:
BG lilykate posey paper



Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!


10 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a wonderful layout!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the color combo and all the layers. The flower papers are so pretty too. :)

Sue Althouse said...

Lovely page, great photo of yourself! Allison does do some really great work, I really miss being on her DT!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Beautiful! Love the banner with the buttons and the great stitching!

~Melissa~ said...

You are as cute as a button! I love the layering of your layout and the banner :) Pretty!

Fleursbydesign said...

Great layout, love the Kraft with the colors and the banner :)

glorygirl said...

Lovely photo and GORGEOUS layout! Love the stitching, the layering, the banner.....wonderful page!

Angela Coles said...

you are beautiful.
great page for your album

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

Fabulous layout! I too love sewing on my layouts but often don't...I just don't think about it often enough. And its sad really, because I do love how it looks. You did a fantastic job here with the sewing!

Jennifer Grace said...

What a pretty page, I love the vertical stitching, and you look lovely in the photo! x