Monday, March 25, 2013

Summer Time

I have another layout to share today that was inspired by challenge#35 at Color My Heart, it's a challenge blog that is focused on using CTMH products! I think I've mentioned before that I have a little problem with hoarding collecting those products!
 
This week's challenge was to use the colors sky, blush and buttercup (blue, pink and yellow). I found an older paper pack, from a special that they offered several years ago, called Tickled Pink. Of course I had already used all the colored cardstock from that pack and only had white left so I had to dig through other packs to find the sky, blush and buttercup cardstocks. I think the blush and sky colors must be really old since they are textured and they have a darker shade on one side, it seems like years and years since they have done that type of cardstock (did I mention that I've been buying CTMH for nearly 10 years?)
 
Allison Davis has brought back sketch week and this month that was last week, she used the free sketch that Scrapbook Generation store provided and this is my take on the sketch.

I cute out the flowers, except the yellow ones, from the pattern paper.

I stamped the banner in the selected colors this week and then fussy cut them out, I bent the ends somewhat to give it a feeling of movement.

I went through and added either liquid pearls, glitz or stickles to the flower centers.

For the yellow flowers I added enamel dots, I hand stitched the banner in place with white floss.

I used white cardstock to cut the journal strips and then inked them, you can sort of see that I inked the pink flower here, it's the side B pattern of the floral paper.

You really can't see well in this photo but I did stamp yellow flowers (outline design) around on this section, buttercup is easily muted on colored paper I've found.

More flowers, fussy cut and the pink one inked.

I popped up several flowers using dimensional adhesive.

Here's a view with of the popped flower elements.
 
CTMH Supplies:
Tickled Pink patterned paper; buttercup, white, blush & sky cardstock; buttercup, sky & blush ink; Pink glitz; Stamps C1478 Elemental (WOTG kit stamp), D1191 Friendship Blessings
 
Other Supplies:
AC white glitter thickers; MME The Sweetest Thing enamel dots; Liquid Pearls lemon yellow; Stickles blue; White sewing floss; RUM yellow flowers 
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

19 comments:

Becca Whitham said...

This layout is just gorgeous. Love how you made your own coordinating embellishments by cutting out flowers from the patterned paper. (Oh...and I also have some of that dual-sided texture paper. Love it, wish they still sold it, and am hoarding it.)

Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart and inspiring us with your beautiful work!!

Danielle said...

Such a cute double pager! Love the colors and how you used many photos on this one.

Tiffany said...

Very pretty layout.

LauraB whosthischick said...

I love how you placed your photos on this 2-pager. Just Great

Shelly Nemitz said...

Spectacular ... Close To My Heart stands the test of time!! I've never seen this paper, but I would buy some today if I could!! Your work is over the top. (in a good way)

Pam said...

Stunning layout using some now beautiful retired paper. Well done and I enjoy all the details you put in the layout. Thanks for joining us at Color my Heart this week.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful layout! Love the soft pastel colors.

sarahstone said...

This is gorgeous, Julie! I love that paper! I've never seen it before. You're a lucky girl to be able to have so much CTMH! I envy you... I couldn't afford everything I wanted, so I became a consultant :) Thanks for playing at Color My Heart again this week!

Sarah

senoritaml said...

Lovely two-pager!

canadian_liner said...

Absolutely beautiful and playful lay-out! I LOVE all your personalized details--the hand-stitching, fussy-cut flowers, panels of striped paper... Its all so well thought out! And of course your photos are so cute! What a great way to commemorate a lovely day on the water. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color My Heart this week. And bring on summer!

Alyssa said...

This layout makes me smile! The photos, the color scheme, the embellishments. Beautiful work.

Sue Althouse said...

What an adorable page! Really nice 2-pagers, and I recognize Allison's sketch style.

Sandy Ang said...

how wonderfully sweet and soft your 2 page layout looks

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Lovely scrapbook layout! These two pages look so good with these colors and floral accents. Thanks for joining us again at Color My Heart Color Dare--we appreciate your participation!
:) Marie

Jodi said...

What a pretty and lively layout! Love the pop ups of the flowers and the banner stretching across both pages.

Lynn said...

Beautiful layout! I was just thinking of doing a summer layout in these colors using the new Chantilly papers. Your layout as inspired me to do just that. TFS

Julie in Sweden said...

Came over from Allison's blogg. Lovely LO.

Jennifer Shaw said...

A beautiful LO! So many lovely details. Love the stitching and your fussy cutting is perfect. Good for you for using up some old supply too. Glad to hear that your stress is easing up. I too am a stress shopper. Just a quick escape for the mind. When my mother had a stroke last year I bought bags and bags of supplies but was in no shape to be creative. It just sat there in bags for months. No worries, you will use up your supplies. Don't give up. Just celebrate how great you did in January! It is all good!! :)

Michele said...

Beautiful and bright ... a great page!