Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Swing

I made this layout for the new Scrap Your Story challenge blog, week 3 is sketch week. This is a new challenge blog and they offer a different challenge every week, if you haven't been there yet, hop over and check them out!
 
I used my beautiful March Corner Stop & Shop CKC kit. This photo is from 2011 and when I was flipping through photos and saw that darling blue top my sweet grand daughter Shani was wearing I knew that the photos would work perfectly with the colors in the kit.
 
This was our first time taking Shani to 6-flags and she was scared of nearly everything. I finally convinced her to get on the swings and at first she cried a little and after one time around I got that snarky little smile...I'm sure she was thinking I knew I was going to like this all the time!

Little cluster at the top.

I have had this chipboard alpha for years and years, I still have lots of letters in it and I certainly can't forget about the negative space left in the chipboard squares, I'm certainly going to have to find a use for those!

I cut a couple pieces of flutterbys for each side of the photo.

Love that journal pen color!
 
 
 
Supplies Used:
CTMH colonial white cardstock, Bazzill salmon cardstock, EP everyday eclectic hexagons & style essentials dk teal damask; L'il Davis Designs patterned chipboard alpha; AC flutterbys; Jolee's jewels; RUM star brad, details journal spot, circle journal spot & scrap die cut in lt salmon; sharpie pen






9 comments:

Val Thorpe said...

Gotta love kids... :D This is such a sweet layout. Love it and the photos are so funny... you are right about the smile. Lovely. Thanks for playing along with us at SYS.

Christy said...

I looove the banner and the hexagon patterned paper! :) :) Thanks for joining us at Scrap Your Story this week :) :) :)

Jessica said...

Perfect papers for those photos! And I love that you truly Scrap(ped) Your Story. Thanks for playing!

Brandi Matos said...

Beautiful page and photos!
Thanks for playing along at SYS!!!

Andrea said...

great job with the sketch! Those little banners are adorable! Thanks for playing along with SYS!

glorygirl said...

What a great page! Love the story behind the page and how you captured both looks on your daughter's face!

Angela Coles said...

like all the different touches on this page.

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

Really like the bit of sewing on this page. Adds a really nice touch! Very pretty layout!

Jennifer Grace said...

Cute, love the bunting! x