Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Christmas Card #3

This is my 3rd Christmas card for the month, I feel like I'm on a roll! This is also my second post today since I wanted to get this card done for a challenge and it's my first day off work in the last week.
 
This card was inspired by the challenge over at Jingle Belles, the challenge was to use something recycled. I took an older Christmas card, a commercially bought card, that I received either last year of the year before, I saved it because I had an idea to recycle it and this was the opportune time!
 
The photo above is the front of the original card and the photo below is the inside of the original card.
 
Here is my recycled card.
Here's the envelope.

The inside of the card is a mix of 2 stamp sets and a small piece of glittered cardstock that I thought would mimic the glittery snow on the front of the card.
 
Another view of the front of the card.

And finally a view of how I used foam adhesive to give the front dimension.
 
Supplies Used:
Paper Studio card base and envelope; CTMH stamps D1380 Just for the Holidays & D1243 Peace on Earth; SEI scrap; Recycled Item-commercial card

 

Thanks for visiting my blog today!!


2 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, this is lovely, and the sparkly snow is the perfect touch to the pretty design of the recycled panel! i love*LOVE*love that you've decorated the inside and the envelope, too! thanks for joining our earth day fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

SmilynStef said...

What an awesome way to recycle that fabulous card design ... stamps on the inside are wonderful too ... so very glad you celebrated earth day with us at jingle belles.