Thursday, April 18, 2013

Family

This layout started with a sketch from Sketch Generation, Allison Davis has it on her blog this week for sketch week, and I fell in love with it after seeing what she did with it. So here is my rendition, I followed the sketch with a few minor variations.
 
The other inspiration for this sketch was the Color My Heart Color Dare #38 this week, which was to use CTMH colors buttercup, pear and twilight. I was able to dig around in my stash and find the right colors and patterns that I wanted from 2 different paper packs and well...here ya go! 
 
I LOVE how this layout came out, it was easy to make using the precious free sketch this week!

I haven't done a large amount of hand stitching in a while but this layout cried out for it. I stitched across the pennants and around the center paper on the layout.

The title is twilight and white cardstock, I cut them out individually and then layered them for a shadowed effect. Love that little chipboard birdie!

I modified the journaling from he original layout and made strips, I also cut a piece of twilight to go behind each one for more shadowing and texture.
 
I changed the position of some of the embellishments and made them flowers, well...because it suited the layout pretty well!
 
CTMH supplies:
Lucy Paper (green); Chantilly paper (mixed & yellow), chipboard embellishments; twilight and white cardstock; Just Blooms Paradise yellow flowers; twilight ink
 
Non CTMH supplies:
RUM white floss; silhouette cut title; Sketch Generation April sketch (free this month)
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

6 comments:

canadian_liner said...

Love this lay-out! Twlight made a great back-drop for the papers and photos. I esp like the block effect with most of your photos matted together. Excellent effect shadowing your title and journalling, too. THis is a happy page, and not only b/c of all the smiles...THanks for sharing your talents at Color My Heart this week.

S said...

What a very lovely page this is! I especially like the patterns and how the flowers play off them. Nicely done.

Becky said...

This is so pretty! Love the sweet hand stitching.

Kigz said...

Simply GORGEOUS! I am going to want to try this one, because the Chantilly papers are calling me again after seeing the beautiful colors in your layout. The Twilight is perfect to back this and I adore your stitching...would you do mine? ;) Thanks so much for joining in at the Color Dare!

sarahstone said...

Wow, those Chantilly Dimensional Elements are SO cute! You've changed my mind- I am definitely going to get those now! You did such a great job on your layout. I love all the little details like the layering on the title, the stitching, and the addition of Lucy paper. Beautiful! Thanks for playing at Color My Heart!

Sarah

Allison Davis said...

What a beautiful layout! I love the colors and all the little details you added! A wonderful version of the sketch! :)