Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I'm Bigger Than My Kitchen--April CKC

Here's another layout from my April Spring Fever CKC kit, I love the bright colors in this kit! I started this layout with a sketch, though it looks nothing like the sketch now, it started with the April Week 3 Let's Get Sketchy sketch--say that five time! LoL!!
 
I remember when....LoL!! I bought this little kitchen when Shani was a little over 1 year old and it has lived in my kitchen ever since. I have watched her struggle to reach the little microwave to now standing head and shoulders over it at just 7 years old. They grow sooo fast!!!

One of the designers used a circle cut as a background piece and I hunted all over the silhouette site for it but couldn't find it, I did find this one which I like really well, it's just tat with vellum it's a pretty fussy cut!
 
Love these little SC wood veneer words, wish there were more in the package!
 
I love when I can mix alpha's to create a title and have it look really good!
 
Final close up of the circle background.
 
Supplies used:
Bazzill yellow & blue cardstock; SEI silk road side B paper; Bo Bunny combo stickers; Cosmo Cricket pink oak alpha; Studio Calico wood veneer words; Stampcraft alpha stamps; CTMH smoothie ink; RUM vellum; Silhouette cut background circles.
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

12 comments:

Melinda Garner said...

I love the background circles! Super cute title and pictures!! Thank you for joining us at LGS!

Laurie LaRiviere said...

what a cute layout and love the topic! very cute photo :) thanks for joining us at lgs!

Brenshevia Baker said...

Awesome page, love the cutting file you used. Great job with the sketch, thanks for joining us at LGS!

Debbie P said...

I love this! Nice adaptation to the sketch! The photos are darling! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

jenessa said...

Super cool page! I really love the tranparent circle diecut and the mixed alpha title. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

glorygirl said...

Another fabulous page! I love how you used the title to capture the memory and draw the viewer into the photos. Wonderful work here!

MichelleMc said...

Fantastic page! Love the mix of papers and circle background! Thanks for joining us t LGS!

Lanette said...

I love your mix of lines your LO is lovley! Thank you so much for playing along with us at LGS!

Ashley Horton said...

Adorable! Love your long title and the vellum cut circles in the background look awesome!! :) Thanks for playing along with us @ LGS!

Sherri said...

Love the way that Silhouette file looks on vellum. Thanks for sharing your work with us at LGS.

Angela Coles said...

what a superb way of showing how she's grown.

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

So much I like about this layout. The circle background came out beautifully. The title letters work so well together. The overall layout is fantastic.