Monday, April 22, 2013

It's Fun to Learn--April CKC

This layout was inspired by sketch #31 at Sketch'N'Scrap. I doesn't really look like the original too much other than the photo locations, but that's why I love to use sketches for starting points!
I love how this layout turned out!
 
I free handed cut the diagonal paper along the top as well as the diamond paper. I've been watching designers do it on you tube and thought I would try my hand at it, not certain I will be using this technique again, I'm a little OCD about some things!

Broke out the Elle's studio stamp and the WRMK stamp here.

And added the CTMH feather stamp with the Technique Tuesday Love stamp here.

 
 I love when I'm able to mix alphas for a title.

I tried to make some enamel look dots here only my dots didn't turn out too round, LoL!

Lovin these little Elle's Studio embellishments!
 
Supplies used:
Bazzill blue, green & yellow cardstock; Basic Grey ledger paper; Heidi Grace designs moonlight meadow paper; Dulce Vintage hip paper; Recollections Polaroid frame, washi & flair; Elle's Studio you & me snippets, circle embellishments & notes tab stamp; Target washi; Scrabbles true coral shiny paint; Liquid pearls buttercup & ocean blue paint; Cosmo Cricket pink oak alpha; KI Memories posh journal spot; MME the sweetest thing tiny word stickers (add on); Miss Elizabet's chipboard tags; CTMH sky ink, lilac mist ink, buttercup ink, pear ink, champagne ink, saddle ink cashmere ink C1553 Chantilly stamp; Technique Tuesday stamp; Sharpie purple; RUM brown alpha & yellow brad
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

11 comments:

Julie J said...

I like all the extra bits you added tot he sketch

Tamika said...

Yes! I love that about sketches, sometimes it might not be an exact translation when using them but they are an excellent starting point to jump start the creative process. Your photos are awesome and it looks like she had a great time. Thank you for joining us at Sketch~n~Scrap.

Lisa in Texas said...

Love it! I love all the extras you added plus the stamping details are just awesome! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Kelly said...

Oh what a FABULOUS take on the sketch! LOVE how you added the journal paper on the right and the title is amazing! I hear you on the free hand cut...would be so hard for me too but you made it look great! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

glorygirl said...

Wonderful page! I looooove your title work!

Kerry said...

Love your take on the sketch, sometimes the page takes a life of it's own once you get started!Lovely photo's too and great title. Thanks for playing along with us at SNS. xx

Heather Hall said...

Beautiful! I love how you incorporated a journaling spot to the layout. Thanks for joining us at Sketch-N-Scrap!

Jimjams said...

Love the dimension added by the chipboard - super layout

Stephanie Joanna said...

This is a gorgeous page and I love how you took the sketch and really made it your own - that's what sketch inspiration is all about! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap .. hope you'll continue to play along :)

sassyscrapper said...

great mixed title! So fun!

Mandi said...

Great page. I love everything about this page. I still see the sketch in it. Thanks for playing along at S~N~S.