Friday, April 26, 2013

Mom & Me

I was inspired to create this layout using the Week 2 sketch at Let's Get Sketchy blog. I used my April Spring Fever CKC kit.
 
This is my sweet daughter in law with my beautiful grand daughter!
 
Love that mist color!
 
I love mixing embellishments to create little clusters!

How uncommon is this? I used lagoon ink from CTMH, mint green ink splatters and a turquoise sharpie and they all matched!

I had to Frankenstein the 3rd M since I ran out of them. I also added a piece of white cardstock behind the washi tape to make it pop.
 
Supplies used:
Bazzill white & blue cardstock; MME lush red diamond b side paper, good day sunshine sunny stripes paper & lush black alpha; Scenic Route garden grove b side paper; Bo Bunny olivia ambrosia a & b sides & combo stickers; SEI silk road b side paper; Recollections journal spot, flare & washi; Melissa Frances resin flower; Studio Calico wood veneer birds; Elle's studio you and me lil' snippets labels & circles; CTMH lagoon ink; Heidi Swapp color shine mint green; Sharpie pen; WRMK street signs stamp; CTMH C1554 Chantilly Cardmaking Workshop stamp
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!


13 comments:

Julie J said...

That sketch wouldn't have stood out at me as one to try but you've done a great job with it. Ace page.

Kigz said...

I adore your layouts!!! Your style is everything I love about scrapbooking! I am going to have to go back to a one page style...I am loving it!

Debbie P said...

What a lovely job you did with the sketch! Love, love everything about it! Such a precious photo! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Carla said...

Great job - love the layering and your paper choices. Thanks for playing at Let's Get Sketchy!

Sherri said...

Great layout, love all the layers. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

Lynn said...

Love how you combined all the colors and patterns on your layout. Awesome work with the sketch! Thank you so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Jimjams said...

Love this - amazing use of patterns without overwhelming the page.

Brenshevia Baker said...

love this page, love those papers! thanks for joining us at LGS!

Tracy B said...

Great take on the sketch! I love your paper choices and your splatters. Your wooden birds are the perfect touch too. Thanks for joining in at LGS!

glorygirl said...

So so sweet! I adore that little heart mixed it with the ink splatters!

Lisa said...

this is really pretty and a lovely mix of papers and colours.

Lisa said...

this is really pretty and a lovely mix of papers and colours.

Alison Day said...

Fantastic layout! Love that floral paper and how all your different inks matched!! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!