Thursday, April 25, 2013

Our Not So Sunny Day

I dug deep into my stash and found some old level 1 pages that were just begging to be used and how perfect that the challenge I used this week was appropriate to the pictures...well almost!
 
So most of you know that I have a little obsession with CTMH products, I started buying them shortly after I started scrapping back in the early 2000's. I didn't buy much at first, only went to parties and made cards and gifties. My first real consultant was a military wife in Clovis, NM where I lived at the time. But it wasn't till I moved to Lubbock, TX that I really got interested in CTMH, I went to the web site and found Audrey Key, she had the most amazing art work on her website. I've never had a party, I've only ever ordered for myself but I joined her $10 a month club and now I randomly get picked as a hostess at least once a year. This is my lucky month, because I was chosen this month and can't wait to get all the goodies I ordered!
 
Anyway...back to this challenge, I recently found the Heart 2 Heart CTMH Challenge blog and I was hooked. I don't play along with every challenge because it just doesn't suit me, but those that do I just dive in! The April 8th Challenge: Raindrops Keep Falling... well, I couldn't find in rain photos, I do live in north west Texas after all, but I did find photos from a day last summer when I thought it was going to rain!
 
So I cut out some clouds and and an umbrella with my silhouette to add to this layout, I even put a little stickles under the first cloud to give a raindrop feel.

The woman in this photo is my dear friend Debbie and we were at her house playing in the pool.
 
You can see in the photos that the sky was pretty grey and there were some storm looking clouds for awhile, but that didn't stop us from getting in the pool and having a great day.
 
I used stickles around the clouds and under the first one, the yellow alpha was part of the sticker package I bought along with the kit.
 
The level one papers were made so all you had to do was add your photos and stickers and you would be done. This page actually had a 9x9 photo mat and I just cropped down my photos to fit 9 on it.

I love that all these fab stickers came with the kit and all I had to do was pop them up with foam squares.

The journal spot is also a sticker.

Here's a couple of angle shots to see the lift of the clouds and stickers and to see the stickles on the edge of the clouds
 
CTMH supplies:
Boom-di-ada Level 1 paper & stickease; hollyhock & colonial white cardstock; hollyhock ink
 
Non CTMH supplies:
Stickles diamond; sharpie green pen; silhouette cut outs-umbrella & clouds
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

1 comment:

Kigz said...

How did I miss this layout? I absolutely love it! The dimensions are fantastic and such a cute umbrella! Love you you outlined those clouds with the stickles.