Monday, April 8, 2013

Project Life Week 8

I realized that I am several weeks behind but I'm not really concerned at this point. If I get several months behind then I might begin to worry some. So without further ado, here's week 8...

I used my March CKC kit, Corner Stop & Shop, for this weeks PL spread.

Love the colors on this layout!

Love those litte flutterbys!

The owl is a cut out from a free printable that I found online, it was originally supposed to be a book marker.

Love how the bright color of the photo goes so well with the background paper.

I used a cut out journal spot that I found on the Internet.

I used some washi with a few little heart stickers.

I love that man!

I don't know if you can appreciate the wind here in west Texas, the day I took the photo of the flag it was blowing about 30 mph consistently. Try sticking your hand out the window as you drive 30 mph just to get a feel of what it feels like around here.

The storm that would drop 3 inches of snow on Lubbock blew in on Sunday afternoon.

I've learned to take screen shots on the computer and I can capture all types of moments in my life.

Awesome moment for me, my first honourable mention for a blog submission.
 
From a beautiful winter day to stormy skies. I made the little epoxy embellishment by using some clear epoxy stickers over scrap paper and then cutting them out.
 
Love making banners out of washi tape.

I don't usually watch the Oscars but I made an exception tonight so that I could spend some time with Mr Gulley, he loves award shows!!
 
Supplies Used:
EP Everyday Eclectic kraft doily side B & hexagons; EP Style Essentials yellow quatrefoil side B & for the record 2 chevron; SEI Mimosa pink lady; CTMH Clementine; Scraps CTMH, MME, October Afternoon & RUM; AC Dear Lizzy flutterbys neopolitan; CTMH random stickers; AC Remarks li'l tyke journaling stickers, dear lizzy journal pennant, flag & label stickers; Teresa Collins He Said She Said die cut, sticky notes; MME the sweetest thing label stickers; Heidie Grace card stock stickers & shapes; Miss Elizabeth collor connections alpha; Spare Parts epoxy stickers; Lily Bee Designs cream alpha; Basic Grey romani monograms; Washi-Smash & RUM; AC roller date stamp; AC slick writer F
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

16 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This looks wonderful, Julie! I love the little sewn banners and sweet owl embellishments!

Rachel Minick said...

Love the banners!

MMJ said...

Love the PL layout! I just started PL and you have given me so many ideas on how to arrange my photos, make my own embellishments, coordinate colors, etc. Thanks!

confettiandink said...

Julia, I love your use of triangle banners across your pictures! Cute detail! Come by my blog I've posted some of my project life spreads!

Fleursbydesign said...

GreatbPL pages, love the banners

Crystal said...

All of your pages look really nice.

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Lots of great product on your PL pages. Especially the banners! :)

artfulscrapbooking said...

Love your little banners and creative use of washi! :) Evie

Patricia said...

Great pages! I love those banners you added and cute owl too!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

I just got done with a big PL catch up, it can be done! And I agree, screen captures are really useful. Great pages!

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

Those banners are precious. Wonderful job. Hope you catch up soon!

glorygirl said...

Such a neat peek at your PL and your life! Love how you've captured so many great parts of your week! I also love the typed journaling!

Angela Coles said...

really like the little banners on those photos and that week 8 card is so sweet.

Ali said...

Oh WOW this is brilliant! Well done you for even attempting to do PL. I would love to but know I would get behind after week one!! LOL You have got such an eclectic mix here and it works perfectly.....photos from your computer? You are one clever lady :0)

kate blue said...

grat PL moments and congrats on the blog honor! And if you can belive it or not, I remember that wheel; my dad used to have one when I was a kid!

Jennifer Grace said...

These look really cool, I love the one with 'yum' layered onto the photo! x